Ship numbers question

Mishi

Commander
Aug 14, 2024
RSI Handle
Mishi
Is it too much to ask to get an idea of how many of the bigger ships we have?

Reason I ask is because as of right now I'm planning on buying a kraken base and a pioneer. If we have like 50 active players with pioneers, it may influence my decision lol. I still want the kraken even if we have 100. They will blot out the sun.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5

Reason I ask is because as of right now I'm planning on buying a kraken base and a pioneer. If we have like 50 active players with pioneers, it may influence my decision lol. I still want the kraken even if we have 100. They will blot out the sun.
The numbers are likely quite high. I'm unsure about Kraken and Pioneer, but I do know that many many have the Idris and many again have the Javelin. Some even have multiple Javelins.

I would say Pioneer numbers would be lower but still enough that we would have a fleet of them.

Mishi

Commander
Aug 14, 2024
RSI Handle
Mishi
Some even have multiple Javelins.
That's crazy.

I'm just really indecisive on the pioneer. I guess I'll leave it up to higher ups. If u feel like we could use another one lmk. I will be active. I once played eso for 36 hours straight to get emperor.

Anyways. These are the last two ships I'm interested in for RL money. Might get into the ccu game though.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
That's crazy.

I'm just really indecisive on the pioneer. I guess I'll leave it up to higher ups. If u feel like we could use another one lmk. I will be active. I once played eso for 36 hours straight to get emperor.

Anyways. These are the last two ships I'm interested in for RL money. Might get into the ccu game though.
It's totally personal choice. If you believe that you can get a core group of people joining you then getting multi crew ships is all well and good.. provided it's not going to hurt the wallet. These ships are costly for what they are.

Personally I have a Kraken on buyback but i have the intention to get an Idris from my buyback at the right time. It will though mean 27 others to crew it so I am always thinking "should I"
Don't pull the trigger too quickly. There's plenty of time to think it over and if it still feels right then that's your answer.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD

We have, with over 100% certainty, well over 50 players with pioneers.
Depending on what you consider 'active,' the number of active players we have could be considered to be surprisingly low tho. A new patch just came out and out of the 23,000 members, we got like 10 on voice atm, and unless they've added cycling into the game then at least one of them is actually playing something else.

Randson

Space Marshal
Oct 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Randson
We have, with over 100% certainty, well over 50 players with pioneers.
Depending on what you consider 'active,' the number of active players we have could be considered to be surprisingly low tho. A new patch just came out and out of the 23,000 members, we got like 10 on voice atm, and unless they've added cycling into the game then at least one of them is actually playing something else.
This will change in time, fear not. We could really use basic org tools in universe plus maybe some content really meant consistently for orgs to accomplish. Once this happens, I know my little group of people will be right in chat with ya guys. Speculation is base building MAY be the first group projects we can truly start getting involved with as orgs. Maybe. Here’s to hoping. Many and most other Orgs are in the same place as Test is. SOON TM as always.

This being said, and in response to OP’s topic, I know this small group can account for at least 2-3 of every cap ship in the game, some many more. So it’s more so whether YOU want those ships.I’m sure we have at least 50 if not more of everything by now.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Ok. Thank you for the replies. I guess at this point I need to decide on whether or not it's gameplay loop will be good as a money making ship. Now THAT is impossible to answer at this point. Guess we'll see how I feel in November.
I believe that most capital sized ships will not be massive money makers, but there are a few exceptions. The BMM should do well in the commerce department as long as its owner puts in the work to get the best deals on products that can be sold somewhere else for maximum profits. IF a player gets a high enough rep in the player / NPC transportation field, then the 890J might have some profitable runs. Depending on the costs of the materials, the desirability of the plans & the market for player built construction, the Pioneer should do well at times.

Mishi

Commander
Aug 14, 2024
RSI Handle
Mishi
Some cool shit
This is why you get the big likes.

I have the BMM. it's the ship I'm most excited about. I'm 99% sure the kraken is going to come out first, so my home away from home is pirate base kraken. When BMM comes out, it's gonna be my number one.

I honestly never thought much about the 890j but the way friends talk about it and what you just said...interesting. it's on my radar now. Thank you for enabling my addiction. If my wife messages you and asks you "for the love of God why are you giving him ideas", I uh apologize in advance.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
This is why you get the big likes.

I have the BMM. it's the ship I'm most excited about. I'm 99% sure the kraken is going to come out first, so my home away from home is pirate base kraken. When BMM comes out, it's gonna be my number one.

I honestly never thought much about the 890j but the way friends talk about it and what you just said...interesting. it's on my radar now. Thank you for enabling my addiction. If my wife messages you and asks you "for the love of God why are you giving him ideas", I uh apologize in advance.
Worry not, if she calls, I'll claim that it was a misunderstanding. That I was offering to let you TEST out my ultimate luxury space super yacht, but when you learned that I named it Caligulas Garden of Delights, you decided to rent another to avoid being divorced for seeming to be up to no good & accidentally purchased your own instead. Cheers my friend!

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Also we don't know where our wives are getting those prices from. We all paid less than a third of that. Less than a quarter, actually. They were practically free.
Actually, in case of BMM early adaptors that's pretty much the truth. What was it in the first round of sales? 250-300 $ ? :-P

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Actually, in case of BMM early adaptors that's pretty much the truth. What was it in the first round of sales? 250-300 $ ? :-P
Yeah, Merchantman - Star Citizen Wiki says USD $250 in 2013, but then there's CCUs. I have a BMM that's $140 melt, but plenty of folks will have one even cheaper. For a ship that's now $650 that seems alright, but for a ship that doesn't exist and isn't even coming soon™, it's hard to feel smug about it.

Mishi

Commander
Aug 14, 2024
RSI Handle
Mishi
Yeah, Merchantman - Star Citizen Wiki says USD $250 in 2013, but then there's CCUs. I have a BMM that's $140 melt, but plenty of folks will have one even cheaper. For a ship that's now $650 that seems alright, but for a ship that doesn't exist and isn't even coming soon™, it's hard to feel smug about it.
Damn. U beat me with the wiki by 30 seconds

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I always go to the wiki page. It has the price history. $250 standalone. And that ship is gonna hit 1k. Mark my words.
Given how CIG has effectively set the bar at $1k for purchases to come with LTI even if purchased with store credit, there's a number of great ships that will probably max out just under $1k, I'd guess they'll be aiming to cap them at least for a long time at $950, just to keep it under that bar. I'm guessing that these would include the BMM, 890J, Polaris, Carrack, Pioneer, Nautilus, Hammerhead, Perseus & Odyssey so far.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I hope this doesn’t come across as a wet blanket, but IMHO; it’s much more important to identify crew than game loops you want to play Captain in. The ‘verse is gonna be full of disgruntled Captains who purchased expensive ships and never flew them because they never pulled a crew together.

Point made more frankly, splashing cash never makes a Captain. Captains are made of sterner stuff.

Forgot your password?