Ship numbers question

Mishi

Commander
Aug 14, 2024
RSI Handle
Mishi
much more important to identify crew
Way ahead of ya. I normally don't post much on forums but I'm trying harder with this one for one simple reason. To see which personalities line up with mine. Who can take a joke and give it right back.

So if I can form a group within a group (test) doesn't mean I'm not going to fly with the rest of the org. I'm hoping the list will grow as we get closer to no wipe and people come out of the woodworks.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
True, but a little extra cash can buy the next round of drinks for the crew, which might help them get over mistakes made along the way towards unifying their teamwork. Cheers my friend!
Not only that but with the piloting skills of this group and the insurance timer we are going to need all of the ships we can muster.

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Not only that but with the piloting skills of this group and the insurance timer we are going to need all of the ships we can muster.
If we can’t fully crew all our capital ships, we can perhaps fully crew them one at a time, and between us have enough replacements to rejoin the fight while the claim timers on the previous ones run down.

NomadicHavoc

Captain
Donor
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
This more of a personal ship fleet question. Hope ya don’t mind.

I don’t have too many ships in my fleet and have promised myself that I won’t spend more on this game. Not because I don’t believe the project, but because I’ve already stretched my budget as far as willing. Plus, I want something to work towards once the game releases.

Anywho, currently my fleet consists of the Arrastra, 600i explorer, all 3 Zeus, E1 Spirit, and the Scorpius. The Arrastra is intended to be my big source of revenue (shake that money maker Arrastra…shake). All the other ships have fairly distinct roles other than the 600i and the Zeus ES. But do I really need 2 exploration ships? Thoughts on how you would manage my 3rd world dilemma?

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5

I don’t have too many ships in my fleet and have promised myself that I won’t spend more on this game. Not because I don’t believe the project, but because I’ve already stretched my budget as far as willing. Plus, I want something to work towards once the game releases.

Anywho, currently my fleet consists of the Arrastra, 600i explorer, all 3 Zeus, E1 Spirit, and the Scorpius. The Arrastra is intended to be my big source of revenue (shake that money maker Arrastra…shake). All the other ships have fairly distinct roles other than the 600i and the Zeus ES. But do I really need 2 exploration ships? Thoughts on how you would manage my 3rd world dilemma?
I have the 600i explorer and it will likely be my daily runner once the full refit is done. Maybe upgrade that Zeus ES to the MSR so you have some cargo running and the data running when its done.. I know I know, soon™ and all that.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

So, you've currently decided that the Arrastra will most likely be your big money making ship. Good times. Have you come across any ships of vehicles that you find relaxing to operate? I call this the fishing effect. When things build up enough & you need some time to relax, have something in game that you find relaxing. In other games, I've been known to just kick back & go fishing to see what I end up catching if anything as a time killer. Up until now, I've often found cargo hauling or mining rather relaxing, as long as I'm not being interdicted or accidentally picking up quantum ore, then having to drop everything to book it to a refinery before going boom.

NomadicHavoc

Captain
Donor
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
So, you've currently decided that the Arrastra will most likely be your big money making ship. Good times. Have you come across any ships of vehicles that you find relaxing to operate? I call this the fishing effect.
I do love a little fishing or gambling in RDR2 to unwind.

Well, I haven’t had a gaming rig for about 20 years. Been a console player since. I’m building my rig next year - so haven’t actually had the opportunity to play SC yet. But, mining, cargo hauling, and especially salvaging look pretty relaxing. That being said, nap time in a cryo tube sounds kinda nice.

I kinda overall thought that the 600i would be super relaxing to fly and soak up all the beauty that is SC!

Last edited:

NomadicHavoc

Captain
Donor
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
I have the 600i explorer and it will likely be my dally runner once the full refit is done. Maybe upgrade that Zeus ES to the MSR so you have some cargo running and the data running when its done.. I know I know, soon™ and all that.
The 600i sounds like a nice daily runner! I’ll likely follow suit. Data running sounds glorious.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I would wait to decide. There are two issues.

First, somewhere near thirty ships are about to get serious rework. Some of this is good and some is not. The 400i recently lost its stealth status. If it gets it back, it could become the premium explorer. Right now, the 315P is still the premium solo explorer right out of the box. It comes with stealth components. It will probably remain the best smuggler in game.

Secondly, we haven’t seen the 600 rework. It may suck, or you make find you’re in a group large enough to really use all the Carrack has on offer. We don’t know what those drones can do yet, but I would consider them significant.

So no reason to lay down cash. Crew aboard a Carrack and see what you love and hate about it. Team up with guys once you get your rig ready and let them teach you the ropes. This is the time and place to learn.

BTW, unless things have changed significantly, the biggest cash earner is still cave raiding. You don’t need any particular ship for that. Just patience and the heart of a stone cold killer. Try it with nothing but a blade. It’s fun! We are the reason people are afraid of the dark. Cave runs earn more than bunkers—typically about 1,000,000 aUEC/hr if you server hop with a ship large enough for the loot (325p is good—12 crates) and don’t get killed. They do try to kill you, so just kill them back first.

View: https://youtu.be/FwBW94E26Zs?si=5etAmtZCvNAgLHjA

Last edited:
Forgot your password?