Ship persistence

Slo

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2015
RSI Handle
SLØ
Can someone refresh my memory about the big ships persistence in PU?
If I have a claim on a moon or planet, when I log off the habs stay there so what happens to the big ships that I decided to land there. Obviously no landing pad large enuf for a kraken or 890 or endeavor (if it even can land) so they are just sitting nearby where I landed them even if I am not logged on? And if I log off in the bed of one of the big ones then I believe that one respawns where I am with me in it when I log on again... but the other big ones don't. I guess.
I get that we can spawn ships at your home base if it's a claim and has a landing pad (I think I remember that being a thing). That makes sense for everything that now spawns at one of the stations or planet hangars. If you have a landing pad large enuf I think.
Or can we make a landing pad large enuf for the big ones, like they have at Arcorp (or wherever the 890 spawns at..I don't remember).
If I land on a moon at an outpost and then get killed while on foot, my ship despawns after some time and can only be claimed at a location with a landing pad large enuf to hold it.

As for the Kraken or BMM.. if I log out in bed (landed or in space) or disconnect and there people shopping the marketplaces in my ship, does it remain in game until it's empty? Or does it simply remain til I log in next?
I think I need to visit Spectrum (blech) Or is there someplace that already answers this (not Spectrum) and I don't know about it.

Sorry.. seems I am rambling and babbling this morning. I blame it my fever. Or cuz I am getting old. Both maybe

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Oook so setting that nobody actually know how really will it work on some ATV video they talked about it... looong time ago.
For bigger ship if you are flying with some player and logoff the ship will stay there as long there are Player inside, then it will be despawned.
They talk abount abit of a difference from loggin off while in bad or not, but i don't remenber it actually... it was something related to a secure logoff or not gamepolay side, but I can't remeber much else.

For ship like the BMM I think to remember they pla to treat it like a shop closing time: so, when the ship will reach the despawn condition (no party releted player inside the ship anymore) a "shops are going to close" advise will be issue and then, when all the player have left it (on foot or into a bobybag... that's the same) the ship will be de-spawn.
I think those are detail the'll figure out once big multi crew ship will be in-game...

Of course the ship will be re-spawn in the same state it was previusly, so if some of your teammate move it while you ware avay they you'll find it in a different locations.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Every time I think that I know the answers to something, CIG switches things on me, so I'll just state that as this is still early alpha, "All things are subject to change." This is as honest & accurate as I can currently be on something like this my friend.

Reactions: Radegast74

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Can someone refresh my memory about the big ships persistence in PU?
If I have a claim on a moon or planet, when I log off the habs stay there so what happens to the big ships that I decided to land there. Obviously no landing pad large enuf for a kraken or 890 or endeavor (if it even can land) so they are just sitting nearby where I landed them even if I am not logged on? And if I log off in the bed of one of the big ones then I believe that one respawns where I am with me in it when I log on again... but the other big ones don't. I guess.
I get that we can spawn ships at your home base if it's a claim and has a landing pad (I think I remember that being a thing). That makes sense for everything that now spawns at one of the stations or planet hangars. If you have a landing pad large enuf I think.
Or can we make a landing pad large enuf for the big ones, like they have at Arcorp (or wherever the 890 spawns at..I don't remember).
If I land on a moon at an outpost and then get killed while on foot, my ship despawns after some time and can only be claimed at a location with a landing pad large enuf to hold it.

As for the Kraken or BMM.. if I log out in bed (landed or in space) or disconnect and there people shopping the marketplaces in my ship, does it remain in game until it's empty? Or does it simply remain til I log in next?
I think I need to visit Spectrum (blech) Or is there someplace that already answers this (not Spectrum) and I don't know about it.

Sorry.. seems I am rambling and babbling this morning. I blame it my fever. Or cuz I am getting old. Both maybe

Habs planetside are supposed to be persistence in the verse. Ships smaller than the Bengal will only persist so long as they have an active actor (PC/NPC) NPC's will remain active if they do not have a bed available to log out and in fact it was said they plan on making those NPC's fly your ship to the nearest Hav before the ship despawns. The risk of carrying more actors then beds.

Currently, there are no known landing pads/hangers for Habs and given what we know of the Pioneer size I would be surprised if you can have a player hanger larger/landing pad larger then small if at all. Even still I would be surprised if they give us hangers and instead just landing pads with ship persistence being the ship will spawn/despawn at the location when players who went to sleep in the ship.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?