Ship Regifting

Clandestine

Grand Admiral
May 12, 2018
RSI Handle
Clandestine
So a long time ago, I gifted my Banu MM to my sons account, thinking it would be wiser to spread my fleet across more than one account. I wrote support and they said they couldn’t help. If I wanted to gift it back to myself, would melting it, reset the “gift” option? Has anyone done something similar to this?

Reactions: vahadar

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
You would have to melt it and buy it back with new cash, once something is gifted it is locked to the recieving account.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
This is a security issue they implemented to discourage trading on the grey market. Once a ship is gifted, it is locked to the account that accepted it.

Melting it will not help and support will not reverse this because they do not have the time to go and investigate if this is legit or some kind of scam.

Congrats on your son owning an awesome ship! :D

Honestly, I would just leave it as is. If you really need to use the BMM, you can always sign into his account, or maybe in the future there is a joint hangar you can share with friends? This will work out ok, mostly for your son :D

Clandestine

Grand Admiral
May 12, 2018
RSI Handle
Clandestine
His account will be logged in with and without him present! Daddy will still get his use of that ship. I put a defender in his account too in anticipation of it having some sort of “synergy” with it. Now I see it’s a hanger built onboard that can house it. Scorpius is probably the better ship to fit in that space though.

Too bad for me on regifting, but then again, maybe having the BMM on his account and the Orion on mine will work out, if I could farm ore and load up his cargo hold.

Reactions: vahadar

Leofev

Commander
Nov 29, 2022
RSI Handle
LemmingOfEvil
In the long run, if I recall correctly, once the game releases (just another decade or so) you should be able to trade ownership of the ship in-game. So there is that.

Reactions: Clandestine

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Probably not wise on the BMM, as the price has doubled. I’d be made to pay the difference, correct?
You will just pay for the price originally paid. Not the actual price.
You will also have leftover store credit on your son's account because of the action of melting the bmm before buying it back with 100% cash.

It is something I do a few times per year when reshuffling my fleet between accounts for standalone or package not upgraded.

Forgot your password?