Industry Ship Rentals maybe in the PU?

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
I know that an agreement can be made by two parties in any number of ways in/out of game to use a ship.
But, do we have any reason to think there will be an in-game mechanic to put your ship(s) out for lease/rent by other NPCs/players? I wasnt able to find any info in official forums/media.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/10_for_the_Chairman_Episode_39

You definitely will be able to lend or let other players fly your ship, and yes your insurance will cover your ship when someone else is flying it, though not the other bits (like upgrades, weapons etc). As to whether you can rent it, well seeing as you can hire other players or NPCs to fly your ships, and you can lend ships, our mechanics will allow you to kinda "lend" your ship to another player and get some payment from them in return, and yes your ship will be insured.

I am unaware of any update on the subject since.

Reactions: Talonsbane

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/10_for_the_Chairman_Episode_39

You definitely will be able to lend or let other players fly your ship, and yes your insurance will cover your ship when someone else is flying it, though not the other bits (like upgrades, weapons etc). As to whether you can rent it, well seeing as you can hire other players or NPCs to fly your ships, and you can lend ships, our mechanics will allow you to kinda "lend" your ship to another player and get some payment from them in return, and yes your ship will be insured.

I am unaware of any update on the subject since.
Yea it was mostly for the "renting/leasing" side of it I was curious. Id rather have my orion out for rent at any rate per day/hour/week etc than letting it sit unused in a hanger etc.

Thank you for the reply!

FeaturedSpace

Commander
Jun 5, 2018
RSI Handle
FeaturedSpace
I'm more curious to know if we will ever be able to rent ships that we don't own and use them in the PU.. I know that's half pointless because we're just "testing" but I would like to be able to test the ships I don't own without the hassle of pulling somebody who owns the frickin' Legatus package into my channel in Discord :laughing:

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
Sort of on this topic, once 3.2 goes live, is there a system in place where I can say borrow someone's prospector to see what mining is like in the PU? Or do they have multi-crew ships that do mining that I could jump on?

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Sort of on this topic, once 3.2 goes live, is there a system in place where I can say borrow someone's prospector to see what mining is like in the PU? Or do they have multi-crew ships that do mining that I could jump on?
Just ask anyone in discord currently playing SC if they have a prospector you can use. If I am ever online, hit me up, I've got one and mining is actually pretty fun.

Forgot your password?