Ship Tactics

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I can`t get in game right now to test this, but multi crew ships trying to turn with a fighter is just insanity, and moving around puts the gun crews at a real disadvantage . Try this, as soon as you come in contact with fighters you must go on the defensive. Turn and align with a quantum drive point, go into super cruise and raise rear shields to max. get your gun crews to stations, get on the horn for backup. now you are on a corse to quantum out if needed. your gunners can cover your aft, shields will help with damage, and the enemy fighters will not be able to swarm around you, they will have to come from your 6 o`clock right into your turrets firing arc. the fighters closing speed will be slow, and if they do fly past you to the front you can engage with missiles and guns. if you can`t hold out jump into quantum.
I used to to the very same thing with my Connie. Then I got fancy with decoupling, cutting the throttle, then spinning to face my attackers head on as I continue forward.(You can still jump while not facing your direction of inertia, right?). Works quite well in the Starfarer too.....kindof....

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I can`t get in game right now to test this, but multi crew ships trying to turn with a fighter is just insanity, and moving around puts the gun crews at a real disadvantage . Try this, as soon as you come in contact with fighters you must go on the defensive. Turn and align with a quantum drive point, go into super cruise and raise rear shields to max. get your gun crews to stations, get on the horn for backup. now you are on a corse to quantum out if needed. your gunners can cover your aft, shields will help with damage, and the enemy fighters will not be able to swarm around you, they will have to come from your 6 o`clock right into your turrets firing arc. the fighters closing speed will be slow, and if they do fly past you to the front you can engage with missiles and guns. if you can`t hold out jump into quantum.
I'm give this a try as soon as I can. It certainly sounds solid.

Forgot your password?