Ship Talk Returns! - Ship Talk #12 - Heavy Industry

Will you get a Heavy Industry Ship in this sale?

• Yes - Orion

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Yes - Reclaimer

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Yes - Crucible

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • I have one or all 3 already now

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • No, it doesn't interest me

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
whelp after much head scratching after I got home from working away, I decided to Melt down my Armada combo package i got last sale and pick up the Blue Collar Combo, 2x Crucible and 10 P-72 LTI CCU ships

I will wait and see how the Genesis Starliner goes, but if I don't like it I will bump it up to a Hull E or the new corvette if they ever make it

Reactions: Black Sunder

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
whelp after much head scratching after I got home from working away, I decided to Melt down my Armada combo package i got last sale and pick up the Blue Collar Combo, 2x Crucible and 10 P-72 LTI CCU ships

I will wait and see how the Genesis Starliner goes, but if I don't like it I will bump it up to a Hull E or the new corvette if they ever make it
Looks like you went all in huh?

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
Looks like you went all in huh?
Not sure about the other ships, but I feel the Blue Collar combo will suit my needs very well

The Armada package was a knee jerk purchase, I love the idea of a frigate ship with large guns, fighters, but I don't think it will be a play style i would want to commit to. besides I can ether crew someone elses Idris, or earn one with all my economic ships :D

*edit, my pledging amount is done now until the game is released

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Not sure about the other ships, but I feel the Blue Collar combo will suit my needs very well

The Armada package was a knee jerk purchase, I love the idea of a frigate ship with large guns, fighters, but I don't think it will be a play style i would want to commit to. besides I can ether crew someone elses Idris, or earn one with all my economic ships :D

*edit, my pledging amount is done now until the game is released
Until the Wave 6 concepts right? Hopefully we'll get the Aegis Terrapin.

Reactions: Liquor_and_ores

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
I have the Reclaimer and Orion, but have an upgrade for Orion to Carrack because im not sure if having two big ind ships will be useful right off the bat more than one ind and an explorer.....

This article is making me want to stay with both the reclaimer & orion lol, someone please help me think logically again lol

If im salvaging, I am sure I would much rather stop and do some exploring/PVP rather than start mining (similar things although I know the mechanics are different)....

I want to keep the Carrack but industry ships are so sexy.......I can always get an Orion ingame again I guess.....

Reactions: Black Sunder

Trick Shot Bob

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Trick_Shot_Bob
I'm going to try & run a Caterpillar in a salvage/repair fleet support role.

I'm not entirely sure how successful I'll be, the ship does seem to have an unparalleled level of customisation.

Who here would welcome a Caterpillar support ship into their industry fleet?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gucci

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I have the Reclaimer and Orion, but have an upgrade for Orion to Carrack because im not sure if having two big ind ships will be useful right off the bat more than one ind and an explorer.....

This article is making me want to stay with both the reclaimer & orion lol, someone please help me think logically again lol

If im salvaging, I am sure I would much rather stop and do some exploring/PVP rather than start mining (similar things although I know the mechanics are different)....

I want to keep the Carrack but industry ships are so sexy.......I can always get an Orion ingame again I guess.....
You can help crew a Carrack until you buy your own in game. TEST has dozens.

I'm going to try & run a Caterpillar in a salvage/repair fleet support role.

I'm not entirely sure how successful I'll be, the ship does seem to have an unparalleled level of customisation.

Who here would welcome a Caterpillar support ship into their industry fleet?
Speaking of that I plan to write something on the Caterpillar when they release the modules for sale.

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
You can help crew a Carrack until you buy your own in game. TEST has dozens.

Speaking of that I plan to write something on the Caterpillar when they release the modules for sale.
Just to ask your viewpoint, why did you get both the Reclaimer and Orion? Was it partially because you dont know which industry mechanic you would enjoy more or because you actually plan on swapping back and forth between?

I am torn lol, I guess I could save up for the Carrack in-game or join another as you suggested.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Just to ask your viewpoint, why did you get both the Reclaimer and Orion? Was it partially because you dont know which industry mechanic you would enjoy more or because you actually plan on swapping back and forth between?
I plan to actively swap back and forth as I need to and rent the other ships I have out as people need them.I also just really like industry related stuff.

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
I plan to actively swap back and forth as I need to and rent the other ships I have out as people need them.I also just really like industry related stuff.
Thats a pretty good plan, I guess people sometimes forget they can trade/sell ships in-game as well and worst case scenario we could swap with another ship once PU is live etc.

My small fleet so far, il put my plan, please let me know your opinion:

Orion -Keep
Reclaimer -Keep
Avenger Titan - 50$
Reliant - package 50$
Aurora - 30$ package
CCU from Orion to Carrack - 25$

Melting everything gives me 155$ to upgrade one of my packages to a:

Freelancer Dur/Max
Cutlass Blue
Const Taurus

OR I can keep the Reliant or titan for example (versatile starter) and just get another 100ish$ ship by melting the other small ships.

Multi-role or industry options with going this way would be:

Cutlass
Freelancer
Hull B

What do you think? Im having a hard time deciding.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
Be sure to buy all the $0 CCU's you can..... i have tons and tons of Reclaimer/Carrack/Cruisble/ yadda yadda CCU's just in case one aspect of the game is not to what i expect

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores

I am torn lol, I guess I could save up for the Carrack in-game or join another as you suggested.

I still ask my self that question, this weeks 'all' ships sales kinda threw me for a loop.
I am only really interested in ships that will /should always be useful for making credits/fun and while the actual in game price of ships are unknown credit wise, I expect the larger ships to be more expensive than their current $ amount suggests

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
Changed up my fleet, I think its a good industry focused and starter friendly mix now:

Avenger Titan
Hull B

Reclaimer
Orion

Can always sell/trade it in-game if needed, considering industry will always be needed.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Changed up my fleet, I think its a good industry focused and starter friendly mix now:

Avenger Titan
Hull B

Reclaimer
Orion

Can always sell/trade it in-game if needed, considering industry will always be needed.
Looks good. A good start for any industry person.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores

Avenger Titan
Hull B

Reclaimer
Orion

Avenger titan looks like a awesome mini hauler, and well equipped for hostiles

Forgot your password?