Ship Talk Returns! - Ship Talk #12 - Heavy Industry

Will you get a Heavy Industry Ship in this sale?

• Yes - Orion

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Yes - Reclaimer

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Yes - Crucible

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • I have one or all 3 already now

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • No, it doesn't interest me

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
I meant the game mechanics (cargo, ship routing etc) NOT the economy.
That is seperate as they said. Well Tony Zurovec.

Besides they are going to keep the economy in check artificially and not let it run out of all measure of reason like in EVE online and many others.

How?
Well demmand and supply.
There will be 90% of NPCs and only 10% of us.

They are in control of the AI model.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
strongly disagree

inflation in game economies has killed several AAA titles. balancing in-game money faucets and sinks while keeping game play engaging is hard.
This is true but as Star Pilgrim said they will be keeping a close eye on it through the automated AI system. You can also only purchase a certain amount of UEC a month.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
I'm getting really tempted to ccu my Orion to a Reclaimer.... or not, I don't know.... I'm not that interested in salvaging than I'm in mining.... but daaaam, that Aegis ship design is telling me to do things, nasty things....

For sure I'll get some ccu for the two ships since they will be free.....

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Get away you fu***ng Aeguis demon. F**k you and you Reclaimer design. RSI Orion master race is the way I'll go, the clean way.

Also.... Thinking about that I keep seeing mining a more profitable profession, you know.... I see more easy to find big rocks in space than big ships or concentration of ships.... I know we don,t actually known how rare things will be to find in the universe but that's my point of view.

And to be honest, yeah the Reclaimer design rocks but the Orion design if also amazing.

Anyway, since both ships are the same cost, the ccu will be 0€ from Orion to Retaliator and the other way , so I'll grave some ccu for when one of the two comes into a real working model to see booth designs in first person ;)

Also I want to point that the link to the Orion concept sale is broken.

Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Get away you fu***ng Aeguis demon. F**k you and you Reclaimer design. RSI Orion master race is the way I'll go, the clean way.

Also.... Thinking about that I keep seeing mining a more profitable profession, you know.... I see more easy to find big rocks in space than big ships or concentration of ships.... I know we don,t actually known how rare things will be to find in the universe but that's my point of view.

And to be honest, yeah the Reclaimer design rocks but the Orion design if also amazing.

Anyway, since both ships are the same cost, the ccu will be 0€ from Orion to Retaliator and the other way , so I'll grave some ccu for when one of the two comes into a real working model to see booth designs in first person ;)
Why not have both? *evil grin*

Reactions: Jhonon1 and Opiepal

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Why not have both? *evil grin*
Because I don actually want to have two big ships for industry. I'm not going to expend more money, and to get the Retaliator I'll have to melt my Carrack, and there is no way I'm doing that. Carrack design is far more amazing than Retaliator design, at least for me. Also I'll be an industry guy for sure and some day I'll get the Retaliator in game, but even in mining and reclaim are different roles its somethin close: you find thing, you take thing, you refine thing, you transport thing. At leat haveing an Orion and a Carrack I'll be able to do my different things when the game starts.

Also I like to have at least a RSI ship. We all enter in the webpage all the days, the Robert Space Industry page, and some people doesn't even have a RSI ship. It's stupid, I know, but I like the way RSI design is.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
The ONLY ships worth pledging is industry ships with LTI.
Everything else is fluff and can be earned easy with those industry ships.

Money maker ship up front will give you a meaningful head start.
You can always do fun and games later when you have enough money to play around.

Well I am going to CCU Crucible to a Phoenix, just because I preffer other industry roles more and I do not have any luxury ship yet (fingers crossed they sell 890J once more tho).

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Something of note. The carrack/890 Jump is for the moment considered the largest multi crew ships. Everything bigger is to be considered a capital ship.

So keep that in mind for cost to run as well. Since the cost to run might be verry high.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Insignifficant.

Cost to run is proportionate to the proffits made by %.
It does not matter what kind of ship you have.

Small ship has same % of cost to run since proffits are a lot smaller.

The most expensive thing would be if you have a battle chariot full of missiles and you go after pirates lol.
Or if you equip your ship fully with ballistic weaponry/ammo instead of energy weapons.

But those are fighting ships, which should not be part of this discussion so I digress.

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
is it madness that i'm thinking of melting alot of stuff to start off with a crucible or reclaimer, starfarer and hull b?

Reactions: Black Sunder

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Well if you are funds limited and just want one industrial ship, pick the one you see yourself enjoying the most naturally.

Some mechanics are really complicated, which is better than pressing a button and looking at a progress meter.
Some people do not like that tho.

I am all for micro management and mini games to pass the time while making money. :)

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
and now i'm thinking or melting the hull b just to reach for the reclaimer. is not starting with a hull worth the reach for a reclaimer if i plan on owning a crucible?

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Hull B is a lot more profitabble if pirates leave you alone and i is a lot easier.
I mean it is just hauling from A to B, no mechanics involved.

Starin at the wall and hoping fo come excitement *cough* pirates I mean. :D

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Now for Extra Heresy(because our Inquisitors are falling asleep)!

"So the fleet is repaired and ready to go after that last battle?"

"No......you sent Reclaimers to the battle site and they shredded everything to scrap for selling."

"But I said to salvage everything possible!"

"I don't think that word means what you think it means in this context."

"Next time just know what I mean to say and repair all the ships."

"Even the enemy?"

"......yes for C/P."

"C/P?"

"Confusion and Profit of course!"

WHAT HERESY IN THE FORUMS!?! GET ME THE FLAME-BAN! WE WILL BRING THE GOD-ADMIRAL MONTOYA THIS HERETICS AVATAR AND SIG!!!

nice write up btw.

Forgot your password?