Should i melt Blue and Super for Orion

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
I currently have cutlass blue and super hornet as stand alone ships (combined value of 315 usd)
I am strongly considering melting those two for an Orion. (325)
To be honest, Im not even sure if i want to do mining (or exploring/racing/dogfighting) but it does sound good

Last edited:

Admiral_Nolan

not dead
Nov 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Admiral_Nolan
I say keep the ships you've got, there are alot of Orions in TEST you will be able to use should the need arrise.

Horus Taber

Commander
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Horus_T
I agree with Troy, especially if you are not certain about mining, I would keep your ships you have now and try mining out on someones Orion and then buy in game. $325 is a hefty price tag for a ship you are not certain you will enjoy.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Gonna agree with others here. Don't melt them unless you're planning to do some mining sometime. If CIG comes out with a smaller mining ship I'd get that but don't go all out on an Orion if you don't feel it something you won't spend some time doing.

CG if you want to try mining I'll always have a spot on my ship for you.

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
Well, i'm guessing that it will be too late to get one, once we get the chance to playtest the ship. I bet it'l take a half a year of grind work to earn one (not to mention LTI)

I am also equally not sure about every other career. Plus the money is already spent, the question is: do i trade hornet+blue for orion. (i also have other small ships, but those have low melt value from anniversary or amd bundles)

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Do you really want to give up the top-tier dogfighter for a mining ship, especially when you won't be able to even fly that mining ship until 2016?

That would be a tough sell for me, but I might be biased as I have all three ships already.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
Go for the mining. You want money. With money you can buy your cutlass and whatever back.

Be a carebear. I will serve on your onion.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I currently have cutlass blue and super hornet as stand alone ships (combined value of 315 usd)
To be honest, Im not even sure if i want to do mining (or exploring/racing/dogfighting) but it does sound good
Mixed opinions from people so far, but the bottom line is this:

At the moment, this mining ship is the only thing we know that will generate credits a lot faster than other starting points in the game.

That being said, as a valued member of our media and propaganda team, you do not have to worry about such trivial things. We will take good care of everybody that has helped TEST grow and become the amazing org it is!

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
That being said, as a valued member of our media and propaganda team, you do not have to worry about such trivial things. We will take good care of everybody that has helped TEST grow and become the amazing org it is!
This here is the attitude that makes test the true best squardon!

My vote would be against melting. We have 2 orions in the test hangar and I'm sure some other people have one that they might let you crew or even outright borrow.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
I wouldn't. The orion has a large crew, and really seems 100% endgame to me. I would keep those two, then get a little mining ship to start out. There will be PLENTY of lower tier, cheaper mining ships that you can earn for free. You know that you'll like fighting, but we have no idea about how mining will work. Throwing away your super hornet so you can get a huge ship you simply CANNOT play by yourself seems unwise.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
It should be easy as all get-out to mod a cutlass for entry-level mining. You've got a good size hold, agility for maneuvering around asteroid fields, and turret and tractor mounts for the actual equipment. Save your SH and Cutlass, serve on an Orion as crew to see if you like it, and work your way up to it.

SARGE

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SARGE | SARGE5th
if they don't have the LTI...i advise to melt them and work to get the stand-alone ships later. If anything just for the LTI...
I would kill 7 baby bears and 3 pregnant cats for a CARRACK LTI sale myself... :(
if your blue and hornet are LTI as well...then the advise is NO!

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
Do you really want to give up the top-tier dogfighter for a mining ship, especially when you won't be able to even fly that mining ship until 2016?

That would be a tough sell for me, but I might be biased as I have all three ships already.

You look 45 in your avatar and about 30 in your streams. Which is it Mr?

Forgot your password?