Simrig update part 3: Triple screen monitor support, lingting and VP throttle

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Wow! Beautiful materials. Beautiful design. Skillful execution. I love the idea with the lights and want to steal it!

I would just urge though you keep a close eye on the cross members that hold the side monitors based upon a tapped center to the 40X40s. That hole was fluted, which means you tapped about half as much metal as you would have had the core been a smooth bore. Aluminum is already soft, and with half as much there is some possibility the bolt will come out. What will happen is the lower brace will act like a fulcrum and the pressure will all be on the upper brace which could seperate and dump your monitor. Certainly I would not suggest a super-ultrawide held in position this way since they're twice as heavy, create a much longer moment arm ( the distance from the weight to the support is the multiplier for the torque generated--twice the distance is twice the torque) and becasue super-ultrawides cost way too much to dump on the floor while you're beating down a Hornet.

Really great stuff!

Reactions: Invidia_x4

Invidia_x4

Vice Admiral
Mar 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Invidiax4
Wow! Beautiful materials. Beautiful design. Skillful execution. I love the idea with the lights and want to steal it!

I would just urge though you keep a close eye on the cross members that hold the side monitors based upon a tapped center to the 40X40s. That hole was fluted, which means you tapped about half as much metal as you would have had the core been a smooth bore. Aluminum is already soft, and with half as much there is some possibility the bolt will come out. What will happen is the lower brace will act like a fulcrum and the pressure will all be on the upper brace which could seperate and dump your monitor. Certainly I would not suggest a super-ultrawide held in position this way since they're twice as heavy, create a much longer moment arm ( the distance from the weight to the support is the multiplier for the torque generated--twice the distance is twice the torque) and becasue super-ultrawides cost way too much to dump on the floor while you're beating down a Hornet.

Really great stuff!
You're right, I had thought of making a support frame if needed while wouldn't be much work.
Though this is just a termporary triple monitor frame as I have one on order by monstertech; I'll provide a photo below
monstertech_sim_rig_TV_triple_20_02.jpg

Once I have those, the parts I used to make the temporary one, can be used for peripheral uses

Forgot your password?