So about that SC hotas

Elsa

Captain
Aug 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Elsa
No thanks.. MadCatz/Saitek have failed on me many times (joysticks and game pads oh so many dead game pads). I sitll use my 9 year old CH stick and throttle. Superior product that doesn't care about looks.. Just functionality and reliability. CH makes joysticks used in arcade machines and CH is used in simulators used by the Air Force. Many people have CH products still working after 10+ years.

Reactions: o-BHG-o

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
The main thing I didn't like about the CH stick I bought and returned was the dual barrel setup. It just didn't move in a 360 the way I like it. I don't use the stick for roll and couldn't get used to when doing HOJAK/HOKAS. Had I had a full setup this mindset would have probably been completely different. I know a lot of real planes have roll on the stick but in space it just feels right to me when pitch and yaw are in one and roll on pedals/roll keys. I also had around the time of a big race and didn't have the time to adjust and still had a few issues.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Lots of pissed off people on RSI, Madcatz does not have good reputation and the X-55's are known to have serious issues.

Still, the X-55 I tested was in perfect condition and I had no problems. I am pretty sure that they will pay extra close attention to this batch of HOTAS they make for our community.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Functionally, the x55 (and sticks with similar function sets) is a geat stick for games like SC; as long as they can reign in the QC issues that got their rep in the position it's in today, they should be fine.

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
I'm totally fine with this. I've got the X52 Pro and I love it. If people want an affordable HOTAS that performs well I think Saitek is a great choice. All the mega nerds who want a Warthog for $200 should sit back down and rethink their lives.

Reactions: Dalarast

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I'm totally fine with this. I've got the X52 Pro and I love it. If people want an affordable HOTAS that performs well I think Saitek is a great choice. All the mega nerds who want a Warthog for $200 should sit back down and rethink their lives.
Sir!

I'll have you know that the Warthog is $400, before you even buy the pedals.

/raises monocle

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
Sir!

I'll have you know that the Warthog is $400, before you even buy the pedals.

/raises monocle
haha. That's what I'm saying. It's all the ultra nerds that are pissed because they want a $800 HOTAS to be the official Star Citizen flight stick. Most people aren't gonna spend that kind of money. They need to make a stick that's reasonably priced.

Reactions: KingNerd

ThunderGod

Admiral
Donor
May 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Thunder79
I'm mixed on this. I'm ok with the quality of my X55 Throttle, but the stick feels incredibly cheap, so I use a Warthog stick instead (bought it afterward). I would hope CR will insist on a better quality (compared to X55) stick to match the quality of the game he is producing. I would have preferred to see a SC Thrustmaster HOTAS.

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
We're just going to have to wait until Friday and see. My hopes are it's something completely new and groundbreaking. That said... it could either go up in flames or change the world. Right now I'm replacing my 3D Pro with a T16000M and continuing the use of my keyboard as a throttle. I may add a decent deadzone to my 3D Pro and make it a stick throttle since it's kind of dying right now. I need to talk to Skyyhawk or Trip on that. Maybe in the future I'll switch the T16000M over to alternative throttle and get the SC or another top HOTAS.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I hope that it's something quality. My main problem with the Saitek joysticks is inconsistency. When their joysticks are good, they're pretty solid pieces of equipment. Hopefully they up the QC on this batch.

Reactions: Karab

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
If they were to make something like a Delta Throttle, that would be fucking tops! Space ships shouldn't use the same throttle design as airplanes that have completely different physics behind them.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
My x-52 is still working fine for me so I am on board with this. Obviously I love anything that raises pitchforks on the RSI forums and watching the illogical debates on something that is "life-ending" for some members.

I do hope its a NEW controller and not a skin on an existing one though.

Forgot your password?