So Atlas Defense and The Corporation contacted me...

Taywer

Lieutenant
Jul 29, 2015
RSI Handle
lobotomy_lobster
I told them Montoya runs the best Squardon in the 'verse.

Also, what is your favorite ship? I'm looking to buy something! Just have the Bang 'Stang [beta] right now, I'm looking into a dogfighter and wondering if the cheaper Gladius would suit me better than waiting on the Super Hornet or Gladiator.

P.S. The ADI guy had never heard of an "eclipse by aurora".

P.S.S. I love TEST

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
If you're looking for a dogfighter, I would hesitate to recommend the Gladiator. It is tough and has some good guns, and an unholy amount fo missiles, but the maneuverability is a major stopper. Hornets have enough firepower and toughness to overcome their minor maneuverability disadvantage. Gladiuses Gladii The Gladius is very maneuverable and fairly tough, though it mounts far fewer guns than the Super Hornet. What type of play style do you prefer? That can help narrow down which ship might work best for you.

Reactions: Taywer

Kahoshi

Lieutenant
May 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Kahoshi
Love the Gladius, turns on a dime (to the point I almost black out with G-Safe ON) and has a decent amount of missiles for its size, but super hornet is still probably my favorite dog fighter. Has enough maneuverability to stay on target, built like a tank, and enough guns to shred through just about any other single seater out there.

gladestone

Vice Admiral
Mar 8, 2015
RSI Handle
gladestone
Im from atlas an you made the best choice in coming here.There very strict atlas in there ways of doing things..Montoya an seung run a very relaxed org, its like night an day over here..Glad your a testicle..

Reactions: honcho12

Taywer

Lieutenant
Jul 29, 2015
RSI Handle
lobotomy_lobster
If you're looking for a dogfighter, I would hesitate to recommend the Gladiator. It is tough and has some good guns, and an unholy amount fo missiles, but the maneuverability is a major stopper. Hornets have enough firepower and toughness to overcome their minor maneuverability disadvantage. Gladiuses Gladii The Gladius is very maneuverable and fairly tough, though it mounts far fewer guns than the Super Hornet. What type of play style do you prefer? That can help narrow down which ship might work best for you.
See, I'm not actually sure! I've looked at all three and really like all that they bring to the table. I'm trying the Super Hornet first, as I should have the required REC by tomorrow. Then I will move on to the Gladiator and the Gladius.

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
My 2 cents is the purchase of an Aurora LN. It is really basic and won't break the bank. It has missiles and cargo capacity. Not much but its there. When the PU starts, you won't be pigeon holed into a particular role and have to buy another ship. You may do that anyways but that's up to you. The Aurora LN is good enough to get RECs. I've actually got way more than I have a use for. I've got a couple of hornets in REC that I'm just not using. I still fly with the Aurora every chance I get. I like it.

Forgot your password?