So on the illegal occupants missions, did they buff the turrets?

Hero9012

Space Marshal
Dec 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Hero9012
So I probably just suck, but lately I haven't been able to beat the turrets at these missions. They melt through my shields and I can't even destroy them. I know I'm shooting them but it's like they don't take damage anymore. Did I miss a memo? Any ideas on how to beat them?

Reactions: vahadar and Deroth

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
So I probably just suck, but lately I haven't been able to beat the turrets at these missions. They melt through my shields and I can't even destroy them. I know I'm shooting them but it's like they don't take damage anymore. Did I miss a memo? Any ideas on how to beat them?
When CIG made them targetable they boosted their accuracy, health, and range...so yeah, they can be pretty nasty to attack from the air now.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Yep, with the relaxetion of the armistice zone around reststop CIG has finally give some love to the defense turret... sadly that have done that to ALL defense turret, so aproaching a land base ofr the FPS mission is now not racomanded... REALLY not racomanded: those turret not only are deadly accurate but also preatty small and hard to hit, and sporrts S4 gun so hard hittig too.
Best tactics is to land nearby the location using some hills to provide cover for the ship and tehm move in either on foot or by land vehicle.

Reactions: Deroth and vahadar

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
I've noticed using gimbaled weapons doesn't seem to track the ground turrets well, we punched through them with a Carrack, but even then, the pilot had to keep moving, it was eating the shields.

Reactions: Deroth and vahadar

Hero9012

Space Marshal
Dec 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Hero9012
I tried it with the star runner, Valkerie, and Vanguard so far. I figued they did something. I kinda like it now that I have to use the rover to get there.

Reactions: Deroth
Forgot your password?