So ORG space stations announced

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
CIG’s plan is to have 5 systems out for 1.0. Stanton and Pyro are done. Nyx shouldn’t be too hard. Castra and Terra are the tricky systems, especially Terra. Hopefully the completion of SQ42 will accelerate the PU’s development but I’m skeptical we’ll see 1.0 out by 2026.
Makes me wonder how quickly Odin will make it into the PU, likely just along with SQ42.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
CIG’s plan is to have 5 systems out for 1.0. Stanton and Pyro are done. Nyx shouldn’t be too hard. Castra and Terra are the tricky systems, especially Terra. Hopefully the completion of SQ42 will accelerate the PU’s development but I’m skeptical we’ll see 1.0 out by 2026.
SQ42 is now slated for 2026. Based on all the needed tech and past performance, I'm thinking closer to 2029, at the earliest, for 1.0.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Just tossing out an idea. IF 1 of the means of energy production that CIG gives us to help power our space stations happens to be solar, how viable would it be to place a station close to a stable star in the Verse (unlike pyro) so that it would be able to act as a central hub for everything going on in that system? With enough solar cells, it should be having an abundance of energy being collected since nothing would be in the way. Since it would be away from the planets & moons that others would be focusing on, most might not notice it.

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
Just tossing out an idea. IF 1 of the means of energy production that CIG gives us to help power our space stations happens to be solar, how viable would it be to place a station close to a stable star in the Verse (unlike pyro) so that it would be able to act as a central hub for everything going on in that system? With enough solar cells, it should be having an abundance of energy being collected since nothing would be in the way. Since it would be away from the planets & moons that others would be focusing on, most might not notice it.
Secret hidden interstellar base is a classic sci-fi trope, I would think that they would let us build in the middle of nowhere, which would take care of the overcrowding issue that's already been raised.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Secret hidden interstellar base is a classic sci-fi trope, I would think that they would let us build in the middle of nowhere, which would take care of the overcrowding issue that's already been raised.
That’ll be great. I think fears about overcrowding (at least outside the planetary POI) are unfounded. Plenty of space out there. Endgame content at least I expect players to be pretty dispersed.

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
That’ll be great. I think fears about overcrowding (at least outside the planetary POI) are unfounded. Plenty of space out there. Endgame content at least I expect players to be pretty dispersed.
People have been mentioning the 10% number (players versus NPCs) wasn't mentioned this time around but given they didn't disavow it either I'm not concerned about player domination. I'm also figuring a lot of these bases never get completed due to attrition (of time or violence).

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
People have been mentioning the 10% number (players versus NPCs) wasn't mentioned this time around but given they didn't disavow it either I'm not concerned about player domination. I'm also figuring a lot of these bases never get completed due to attrition (of time or violence).
even if only 10 percent of orgs complete a station and only 1 percent of orgs have multiple bases, that is still a heck of a lot of bases (8500 stations)

So, do people get shields and fast response times if they are away from planets and comms range? If not, expect people to crowd around planets. It means that players will have to spread WAY out from a planet to get a sense of scale.

Hopefully, the ability to stay outside comms range will not jeopardize response times. If they do that, that makes systems a bit better. Trying to fit them all in low planetary or moon orbit though will make it a problem though. ((in Jarvis voice) I'm sorry sir, but WHICH POI of the 160 orbital stations are you trying to fly to again?)

After all, I am sure that the makers of UO did not expect the entire continent to be pretty much wall to wall player housing, but that's what it became.

Reactions: NomadicHavoc

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
Hopefully, the ability to stay outside comms range will not jeopardize response times. If they do that, that makes systems a bit better. Trying to fit them all in low planetary or moon orbit though will make it a problem though. ((in Jarvis voice) I'm sorry sir, but WHICH POI of the 160 orbital stations are you trying to fly to again?)
Well the good part about this is that these are plans of plans not concrete, and that this is a Chris Roberts dictatorship. Because 160 space stations around a single planet would be an eyesore. I also don't think these corporations would allow uncontrolled space stations around their owned planet so I wouldn't be surprised to hear something about sovereign economic zones in the future.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
even if only 10 percent of orgs complete a station and only 1 percent of orgs have multiple bases, that is still a heck of a lot of bases (8500 stations)

So, do people get shields and fast response times if they are away from planets and comms range? If not, expect people to crowd around planets. It means that players will have to spread WAY out from a planet to get a sense of scale.

After all, I am sure that the makers of UO did not expect the entire continent to be pretty much wall to wall player housing, but that's what it became.
Lots of those "orgs" are one person.

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Arrggh. 2029 release means the game would have been in production for 17 years. Unbelievable.
You think it might be sooner?

• They need to bring all the "tier 0" mechanics to, at least, tier 1.
  • They still need to finish Stanton and do 4 more systems.
  • They have to finish defining what Gold Standard means, and bring all ships to Gold Standard.
  • They have to clear most of the ship backlog.
  • They need to implement Armor, Physics, Dynamic Server Meshing, and several other systems.
I may be a bit optimistic in saying 5 years.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
You think it might be sooner?

• They need to bring all the "tier 0" mechanics to, at least, tier 1.
  • They still need to finish Stanton and do 4 more systems.
  • They have to finish defining what Gold Standard means, and bring all ships to Gold Standard.
  • They have to clear most of the ship backlog.
  • They need to implement Armor, Physics, Dynamic Server Meshing, and several other systems.
I may be a bit optimistic in saying 5 years.
Nah I don’t think that. 2029 at the earliest and that’s being optimistic.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I am looking forward to help built TEST STATION with you lot.

The good thing about all this massive org base building and space station building is it gives the non combat people more to do - I will happily ship titanium and aluminium (and some gold for montoyas penthouse floors) to you guys all day long for TEST station to be created.

Thers a lot of mining to be done
theres a lot of refining to be done
theres a lot of transportation to be done
There's a lot of industry to be done with all of this news. I like it. Yes there's a millions problems that we can think of and we aint gonna get it for years. But. Still something to look forward to!

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I am looking forward to help built TEST STATION with you lot.

The good thing about all this massive org base building and space station building is it gives the non combat people more to do - I will happily ship titanium and aluminium (and some gold for montoyas penthouse floors) to you guys all day long for TEST station to be created.

Thers a lot of mining to be done
theres a lot of refining to be done
theres a lot of transportation to be done
There's a lot of industry to be done with all of this news. I like it. Yes there's a millions problems that we can think of and we aint gonna get it for years. But. Still something to look forward to!
There will be jobs for everyone! Employment will be at an all time high under TEST. @Montoya will require TESTIES to work his fans and operate the bar at his Crows Nest Residence/Throneroom!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Lots of those "orgs" are one person.
I think there are very few orgs large enough they’ll mess with building bases, certainly not hundreds. Dozens maybe, and that’s over time.

Previously mentioned was we should not neglect building on planets, and likewise we should not neglect rebuilding on planets. I know stations and Bengals are going to become the assets of envy, but so are planets. There are lots of those up for grabs, from Orion to Leir. In fact, I think the Outsiders on Leir are holding a bunch of Polaris for us, waiting for us to come pick them up?

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
the NPC mission handlers are freedom fighters handing out in game missions in that area. So CIG intends for players to take an active hand in how the struggle against the Vanduul will go, and stellar evolution of hegemonies will depend upon player engagement. If the players don’t bother with the Sons of Orion storyline, the Vanduul will continue incursions into UEE space, but if they actively aggress against the Vanduul, they can be pushed back by the players, and lost worlds like Orion regained.
Right that will be me sorted then. That's what I want to be be doing. Humanity is entitled to the stars!

Forgot your password?