So, this happened.

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
Bro, get well soon. Depression ain't thing to mess with (and i say that as a man who went through therapy and who had suicidal thoughts). Especially when it's about your future. This shit eats you alive from inside. Can i suggest you visit to a doctor? But i not sure if this is easy with your condition.

CNC machinery you say? I saw couple of CNC operators who do custom hardware for flight sim enthusiasts. They do not make fortune of course, but still a fine boost for their earnings. Might consider it, maybe?

Maybe we can start TEST donation drive for NKato, since he is one of the "core" members?

P.S. checked Seattle photos. You surely picked up a beautiful place to live.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Bro, get well soon. Depression ain't thing to mess with (and i say that as a man who went through therapy and who had suicidal thoughts). Especially when it's about your future. This shit eats you alive from inside. Can i suggest you visit to a doctor? But i not sure if this is easy with your condition.

CNC machinery you say? I saw couple of CNC operators who do custom hardware for flight sim enthusiasts. They do not make fortune of course, but still a fine boost for their earnings. Might consider it, maybe?

Maybe we can start TEST donation drive for NKato, since he is one of the "core" members?

P.S. checked Seattle photos. You surely picked up a beautiful place to live.
Donation drive is not necessary...my situation is not so critical that it is needed; I will let everyone know if I'm in a position where I will need financial help.

I have until May to move out of this house and into a new place to live. I'm currently looking for solutions to help blunt the financial cost, so it's a matter of time before I figure something out.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Wow. I really wish I had that money dude. I'd happily help you out. I hope everything works out for you. You need anything, let us know. This is a pretty tight community, I'm sure we can pull together to help a fellow TESTie.

Edit: I keep editing and deleting. Not sure how I want to word this. I don't want to hijack your thread. I have been dealing with some heavy stuff recently. It has caused some situations at work, as well as putting my career advancement on hold. I'm only saying this to let you know that I can empathize to an extent. Let me know if I can help you in any way. Even if Its just to talk.

Last edited:

Jhonon1

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Jhon-On
A college degree is pretty superfluous to be a Machinist, a good technical school should have some sort of ~6 month long technical training program that gets you all the skills you need for a basic job.
At least, that's what I did for Fall 2014. Started my job as a machinist in Jan 15, still working there and doing fine.
Now i'm only 20 and have no level of physical impairment, and living 'at home' leaves expenses real low, so its a pretty decent 'starting' wage (about 30k a year before overtime/raises).
That degree is nice and sets up different options for the long term (I have no plans to stick as a basic operator forever ya know) but if you need a more short term solution just look for the technical training.

You need help let us know, I don't have the spare $/interest for the glaive but if you needed it i'm sure enough of us chipping in a little bit could help.
Less pleasant but also doable would be taking the government up on that extra assistance, such as for housing, until such a time that you don't need it. It's what it is there for so you should at least strongly consider it. Good for you that you haven't so far, but if you need it use it.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
A college degree is pretty superfluous to be a Machinist, a good technical school should have some sort of ~6 month long technical training program that gets you all the skills you need for a basic job.
At least, that's what I did for Fall 2014. Started my job as a machinist in Jan 15, still working there and doing fine.
Now i'm only 20 and have no level of physical impairment, and living 'at home' leaves expenses real low, so its a pretty decent 'starting' wage (about 30k a year before overtime/raises).
That degree is nice and sets up different options for the long term (I have no plans to stick as a basic operator forever ya know) but if you need a more short term solution just look for the technical training.

You need help let us know, I don't have the spare $/interest for the glaive but if you needed it i'm sure enough of us chipping in a little bit could help.
Less pleasant but also doable would be taking the government up on that extra assistance, such as for housing, until such a time that you don't need it. It's what it is there for so you should at least strongly consider it. Good for you that you haven't so far, but if you need it use it.
It's an Associate's Degree for the field. Shoreline Community College has an extensive machinist program. I went to check them out earlier this month...they have six-axis milling machines, for fuck's sake! That gets me hard.

Reactions: Blind Owl

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Wow. I really wish I had that money dude. I'd happily help you out. I hope everything works out for you. You need anything, let us know. This is a pretty tight community, I'm sure we can pull together to help a fellow TESTie.

Edit: I keep editing and deleting. Not sure how I want to word this. I don't want to hijack your thread. I have been dealing with some heavy stuff recently. It has caused some situations at work, as well as putting my career advancement on hold. I'm only saying this to let you know that I can empathize to an extend. Let me know if I can help you in any way. Even if Its just to talk.
I hear you. I hope your situation improves, too! I'm already making possible inroads to solving my own problems.

Reactions: Blind Owl
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
This happened.

Yeah.

As a deaf guy who's got anxiety issues at times, instability is not a welcome thing at all. ; 3;

P.S. I'm still looking to sell my Vanduul Glaive. I'm looking to get $450 for it, but willing to negotiate.
Nkato i will buy the galive for 500.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I hear you. I hope your situation improves, too! I'm already making possible inroads to solving my own problems.
Thank man. You too. And kudos for making inroads. I'm happy to hear you're being proactive with your situation.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I feel you man, I know depression an anxiety all to well (so much that I was deemed me disabled :/ ). I know you said you don't like the idea of things like section 8 but its worth considering at least till you finish the degree you want. Thats what its there for, to give you that chance to get where you need to be in life. Also for school if you haven't already BOG is a great way to relieve financial strain possibly fasfa as well, without bog I would have never been able to go back to school myself :)

Snowianth

Grand Admiral
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Snowianth
emm well ofc i can offer place to crash some time but thats all. not looking any weird relationships :D

edit: i have Rotweiler so plz dont try to pick lock and in no circumtances go at the fridge (dunno wtf is about that but she have bite few of my friend who have get beer from there)

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch
Forgot your password?