So why do I need my LTI Dragonfly?

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
So I have have an Anvil Hawk, which, according to the Brochure is a ground attack and gun equipped dog fighter.

Now that the Dragonfly has no shields, what good is it?
What can it do for me?

What can it do that my Hawk can't?

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
IF you manage to properly clip through the roof of "The Commons" on Microtec you can have great fun with a Dragonfly while a Hawk gets stuck on pillars and in the corridor.
Do not ask how I know. I just do...
Apart from that all Speederbikes have little utility to me anyhow. Since those bunkers still shoot at them the same way as they shoot at my birds.
So Mule or STV for groundwork.
Apart from that I take to the air in a proper ship!

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
IF you manage to properly clip through the roof of "The Commons" on Microtec you can have great fun with a Dragonfly while a Hawk gets stuck on pillars and in the corridor.
Do not ask how I know. I just do...
Apart from that all Speederbikes have little utility to me anyhow. Since those bunkers still shoot at them the same way as they shoot at my birds.
So Mule or STV for groundwork.
Apart from that I take to the air in a proper ship!
Now you've got me going off on a tangent. :)

The whole turrets don't shoot at ground vehicles is the most ridiculous thing CIG has ever set up.

Decades ago, long before I served, the military deployed a toy called SLAR (Side Looking Airborne Radar). They also developed Ground Surveillance Radar (GSR). AFAIK they are still in use today.

They detect troops moving, not just handcarts, ox carts and trucks. This is 60's technology. The idea that turrets and spacecraft can't detect trucks is ridiculous.

The military also developed, same time frame, terrain masking, and wild weasel/iron hand tactics to deal with AAA. Note that Star Citizen has anti-radiation missiles like the HARM, in game. They are the EM seekers.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
It is likely to be CCU'd to a ship, saving me buying another token out of buyback. But I don't want to reward bad behavior.
Don't look at it as "rewarding bad behaviour", but rather "punishing bad behaviour" by removing the ship from your hangar/fleet and replacing it with something better, showing how little value the ship has now.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
This is 60's technology
I wholeheartedly agree with your statement.
Then again, we also lack night- and termalvision.
Something I really missed coming from MechWarrior Online.
And that game made a whole gameplay out of lost technology.
While Star Citizen is supposed to be our current level plus a couple centuries developement plus alien knowledge. Makes you expect seeing through walls not as a cheat but as a fact of live.
Oh well, seems like I too went off topic .. :-)

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Don't look at it as "rewarding bad behaviour", but rather "punishing bad behaviour"
By giving them even more money?
Hey, if that sticks I'm starting to look forward to Christmas.
I was rather naughty this year... ;-P

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
By giving them even more money?
Hey, if that sticks I'm starting to look forward to Christmas.
I was rather naughty this year... ;-P
All it takes is $5 of store credit... No new money required.

And doubtless there have been ships bought in the past that CIG have changed in ways that weren't appreciated (or replaced by better alternatives), which could be used as further "punishment" by being melted.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale

And doubtless there have been ships bought in the past that CIG have changed in ways that weren't appreciated (or replaced by better alternatives), which could be used as further "punishment" by being melted.
I'm not sitting on store credit. I can't melt it since it is built on a referral Merlin. Eventually, I may add a Hornet to my fleet. I can save myself some money by using the Dragonfly instead of a buyback Nox. There is no need for that now though.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk

So the "punishment" is using money you already gave them if you have store credits to spare? And switching to another vehicle because the one you have is no longer to your liking? I get the general idea and that's how I usually deal with unwanted vehicle changes. But I fail to see how that will make the developer quake in his boots. Which is the general idea behind punishments as such.
You want to punish them? Then let us all show up at their Christmas party and empty their bar.
Let's see how they like that!
And why no? Who payed for the booze in the first place... ;-P

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Passenger in the back?
The great @Montoya supports passengers in the rear, confirmed! Do with this information as you will, personally, my initial thought was of him with a glorious mullet, business up front, party in the back.

They detect troops moving, not just handcarts, ox carts and trucks. This is 60's technology. The idea that turrets and spacecraft can't detect trucks is ridiculous.
I have a mental image of a guy giving cover fire with an AK47 while being carted around in the passenger seat of a rickshaw.

You want to punish them? Then let us all show up at their Christmas party and empty their bar.
Let's see how they like that!
And why no? Who payed for the booze in the first place... ;-P
Attend the next Bar Citizen event that they attend & pay them back through thorough TESTification means, challenge them to drinking contests, loser pays for the tab. Even if you lose, you'll have a great time with a TEST worthy story to share ... if you can remember after the hangover wears off. Cheers!

• Glorious
Reactions: Mudhawk

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
How about an 85x? Cheap upgrade and still seats 2 and can be spawned on a ground pad!
I don't see that as any more useful, and still rewards, what I consider bad behavior.

I'll probably upgrade the bike, eventually. Hornet or Hornet Ghost are most likely though a Stalker might be an option.

Forgot your password?