Solo: A Star Wars Story

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I wasn't impressed with the Disney Star Wars movies when I watched them on my big screen TV. When I saw TLJ in IMAX however I understood what Disney did. They made these movies to be fantastic cinema experiences. It may not be Citizen Kane level stuff and I know people dislike the Disney "SJW" direction, but oh man after seeing TLJ on a true IMAX screen, I deeply regret not watching the previous ones in theaters. I will be there for this one, Disney knows what they are doing.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
IDK how I feel about Star Wars going forward. When you look at everything new that has been done as a whole, it feels like there is no direction to any of it. Individually, the films aren't bad (with Rouge One being the best of all of the new films by a long shot), but there's no cohesion to any of it at all. Disney wants Star Wars to be another Marvel universe, but they don't have one guy at the top with the right vision controlling everything.

I'll probably skip this movie just because Han is better off being an enigma. I don't need or want to know his backstory in order to appreciate his character in the OT.

Forgot your password?