Solved getting hold of a BMM. TEST LOVE

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
I missed out on the last time it was out for free ccu in case i ever wanted it.

As my funds are quite low, i have no way to buy an entire bmm but would instead melt and upgrade what i have. So i need to find a ccu to the bmm at the lowest possible price.

Anyone out there that can help me at around the original 25 dollar price, or a bit above?

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
So I did the TEST, and as @Elmy said, so long as the original ship was purchased with cold hard cash, you can apply as many credit bought upgrades as you want to it and it'll still be giftable.

Meaning that if people want $250 BMM's, I cant do it. Just means I gotta do the purchasing, then gift them.
Don't really like to volunteer other people, but the owl might be able to sort you out (he's a softy, he'll probably forgive me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).
@Duckforceone , message @Blind Owl !

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
yeah... it's not bloody likely someone has a ccu from the constellation to bmm... :D

but thanks for it all of you... yeah i can't afford to put in fresh money, or i know you all could easily have helped me. Much love to all you testies.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Question : if i buy an aurora with cash, and then upgrades it to a redeemer with store credits, will it still be giftable? many posts says it used to work at least.
I think maybe... I'd really get in touch with @Blind Owl if I were you. He was going through this in his other thread. Like I said, I don't like to volunteer favors from other people, but he could possibly (or maybe even I could) get you a Dragonfly with LTI, then you upgrade it to Redeemer, then he upgrades it to Merchantman.
Never done this kind of CCU juggling. Can gifts be re-gifted like that? I don't know...

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
already asking him... :smile:

just trying to find out if this could work.
as this way i would at most put in 50 dollars fresh cash, instead of 250....
Get an aurora with cash, upgrade it to a Redeemer with credit, gift it to Blind Owl.

Blind owl then melts it, buys an Aurora with cash and upgrades it to a BMM and then gifts it to you.

Problem solved. If Owl won't do that, then I'll do it for you later. Only I won't use an aurora, I'll use a dragonfly with LTI so you'll have LTI as well.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Get an aurora with cash, upgrade it to a Redeemer with credit, gift it to Blind Owl.

Blind owl then melts it, buys an Aurora with cash and upgrades it to a BMM and then gifts it to you.

Problem solved. If Owl won't do that, then I'll do it for you later. Only I won't use an aurora, I'll use a dragonfly with LTI so you'll have LTI as well.
keg-stand.jpg

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
IT works.
Melted most of my ships and i now have a redeemer i can gift.
Cool. Now either Blind Owl can do the dirty work or you can wait for me to get back late tonight to do it for you. Either way, this isn't a limited time thing since I think both of us already had the CCUs and the Banu MM isn't out yet anyways :P

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
hey for even taking the time to look into it with me i owe you thanks. You helped us figure out how to do it.
I do it all the time for my friends and now I have a whole Org to take care of :)

I was thinking about grabbing a hull D just so that I'd be able to move a lot of junk at the same time and be able to explore boarding options for the Hull series but now that Merchantman is looking so good.... Now this has become a war torn struggle between my brain and my heart.

"No! We need the D! Boarding knowledge of the Hull series, large cargo capacity to help org mates move things, low crew requirements!!!!"
"But... I want to live my life as a traveling merchant.... Banuuuu...."
"NO! You are a pirate! You have an IDRIS for THAT EXACT REASON! It's also a large cavernous ship and it's hella more protected!"
"But.... The Merchantman is cheaper to travel with...."
"You have a Gemini and a Caterpillar to travel and sell things with! You are a pirate! You don't sell or trade like a merchant. You know what you're selling and who to sell it to already! You need combat freighters like the Caterpillar and Gemini! You need FAST Ships that can maneuver!"
"But the Merchantman has big guns...."
"And the Defender is there BECAUSE IT CAN'T USE THEM VERY WELL!"
"Oh... I need a Defender too!"
"That's it, heart..... I'm putting you under cardiac arrest. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be held against you."
"Boobs...."
"...I hate you."

Forgot your password?