Some absolute madlads flew into the Stanton_(star)

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD

This is:
Brilliant,
Bonkers,
Bright,
Beautiful,
Bananas,
and other cool words that may or may not start with the letter B and can in some instances be preceded by such words like "absolutely."

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Mmmmm, maths. Congrats to them, they have joined the ranks of a handful of very committed TESTies whoever they are, but 22 days that's a pain in the ass!

I've been to the sun by accident when logging in put me inside it, that's waaaay quicker but less common. I only found out I was in the sun when I Quantum'd out of it and it got all bright behind me. I've also been to the far side of the broken moon in the AC map in 2016 a big chunk of the back of it wasn't built at that point, looking forward to visiting it in Teranis when it gets included in the game... There was also a bunch of bio-waste boxes in the centre of ArcCorp back in the day too.

I fall through the scenery a lot.

Fun times, hope they enjoy whatever placeholder thing is in there if there is one at all.

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
I've been to the sun by accident when logging in put me inside it
Yup, once, in 3.11 or 3.12. Surreal. Wasn’t as hot as you’d expect. Wish I’d tried an EVA inside, but didn’t think of it at the time.

[Edit 01Jul2021: now I think about it, I believe this was right after a server or client crash (I didn't understand the difference at the time - not 100% sure I do know without looking up the error code). I believe I 'woke up' after logging back in, and was just floating in space. There was no Stanton star to see, just a background star field, and I initially thought I was just spawned, in my armour without my ship, wherever I was when the crash occurred. Can't remember whether helmet was on or off. No wreckage or anything visible, just background stars and my player's body. I didn't really figure out I was 'inside' the star until I looked at my map on mobiglass and played around looking at the Stanton map. Being new I didn't think of anything else to try, so just logged out of the game, logged back in again and spawned on a planet in a normal starting hab - probably Hurston but I don't remember. It's a big empty shiny shell. However, I do not remember it being offset from the center of the other planet's orbital plane at all. Not saying it wasn't, but I certainly did not notice being offset - it looked to me like I was slap bang in the middle of all the planets' orbits. Obviously just a bug, only happened once.

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hmm someone steal our idea of flying something into the sun (or start... ), we should demand a financial right compensation for that (we also accept fine brew beer in eventually)!!

Seriusly is nice some group of player start doing thing like this, I'll expect things like that to be more common the future, when the universe will have more point of interest scattered around, right now, outside the know interest area, is a big empty space for the very admission of CIG.
Once thre will be some scattered item in the intereplanetary void and the ability to save a location this type of exploration mission will be avery interesting activity (and lucrative too).

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
I wonder how far out from microtech you can fly in the opposite direction before hitting the room wall. I remember being able to point my ship towards the great beyond and activate QT before we could only lock in to nav points. Always got a couple million KM out before it would drop me from the jump and i would have to turn and try to skim along it.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I wonder how far out from microtech you can fly in the opposite direction before hitting the room wall. I remember being able to point my ship towards the great beyond and activate QT before we could only lock in to nav points. Always got a couple million KM out before it would drop me from the jump and i would have to turn and try to skim along it.
Tha whould be intersnting...
As soon as CIG implement sever meshing and auto-generated POI I suspect they'll be able to actually remove any invisible wall around star systems: If you'll like to venture in the cold darkness of the totally unknown space why not? They have so simply generate some starfield landscape and occasionally put something interesting put there... or maybe not and leave yoy wonder in the emptiness of the void forever...

Reactions: vahadar
Forgot your password?