Some early backers can go F** themselves

Qhat do you think?

• The guy is a wacko. This asshole needs some serious help.

• He makes some good points. Hmm, I can see his point and I somewhat agree.

• Are you crazy? I am not reading all that. I get it, just another mega troll.

• I have my own beliefs and I really don't care. CS is going to be amazing, and I am willing to wait.

• Indifferent. Next plz.

Results are only viewable after voting.

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
wonders that the mop end that was complaining non stop about controler balence hel if anyone here doesnt mind loosing the willl to live and a few brain cells drop into the controler vrs controler kamatari or what ever they call it, its non stop now like 10 people just talking pure unrefined shite for a while they were up in arms lets go get refunds and on other guy was going on about sueing them but the mods sent him on a vacation from the forums to cool off lol
Sometimes I get sucked up in reading that thread. It's like Jerry Springer for nerds...

Reactions: Arrangingstars
Nov 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Ranger BearBlood
Sometimes I get sucked up in reading that thread. It's like Jerry Springer for nerds...
Agreed i find it can be painful to watch in particular whats left in my faith in humanity tends to take a hit, made a terrible mistake last night i posted a treat about how to balence gimbals to try and bring interative mode closer to look ahead mode TLDR is tone down acceration paterns and increase spread of gimbals firing cone with a back up plan of remove aim + flight but also put in a decent Vjoy for mouse and tone down the speed of the ships across the board

But no they want none of it the majority that noticed the post just wants them to remove interactive mode without giving a fuck about whats causing it and how we could bring things more inline without cutting out a section of the game and then the back up was damage control for if they did go ahead with it the results iam seeing are depressing frankly lol

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
Agreed i find it can be painful to watch in particular whats left in my faith in humanity tends to take a hit, made a terrible mistake last night i posted a treat about how to balence gimbals to try and bring interative mode closer to look ahead mode TLDR is tone down acceration paterns and increase spread of gimbals firing cone with a back up plan of remove aim + flight but also put in a decent Vjoy for mouse and tone down the speed of the ships across the board

But no they want none of it the majority that noticed the post just wants them to remove interactive mode without giving a fuck about whats causing it and how we could bring things more inline without cutting out a section of the game and then the back up was damage control for if they did go ahead with it the results iam seeing are depressing frankly lol
I've seen a few good suggestions like that. But they get buried in the shouting match. It's like the US Congress, they just want to shout back and forth and take drastic measures, not look for helpful solutions.

Nov 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Ranger BearBlood
I've seen a few good suggestions like that. But they get buried in the shouting match. It's like the US Congress, they just want to shout back and forth and take drastic measures, not look for helpful solutions.
Agreed its painful to watch at times sometimes feel like just trolling them to get a ris but i like to think myself above such tihngs

Reactions: MzHartz
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
There needs to be some higher power or governing body watching RSI/CIG. They ban people for non-sense on their forums,even if they are subscribers, they can be perma-banned and unable to even contest it. Its true, if Chris Roberts dies for instance, we all lose our money. They do TAX our DONATIONS.. Donations are, as an example, TAX DEDUCTABLE, not taxable. They also do not allow refunds. Thats against the consumer act, period. Because I am in Quebec, on one of my accounts, I have been able to charge back and get my money. CIG refused, when i asked. My Credit card company didn't think twice, and I never heard anything else about it.

There are some silly things going on in Star Citizen. It has taken quite a long time to make this game, they were making this game with as small a budget as $2M USD. Yet, fail to deliver much of it, at 90Million. Chris Roberts has bragged tons, about having a model for business to sell, that would make other companies alot of money, based on his crowd funding for StarCitizen.

Now, I am not saying its a scheme, I think they are getting rich, sure, but I think they will be making the game. I like to think positive.
But, the part about Taxes bothers me, and then saying its a donation. Thats greedy. Im a business man, and theres no need for that crap. Especially considering its virtual goods. Also, if LTI was promised ONLY to original campaign kickstarter backers, then it should have been honored.

Everyone else would have been fine, they would have thought of the original backers as "extremely lucky" etc.. potentially, less LTI would help fund the economy more. But since this is a game you can mod and make your own of, hacking and cheating is going to be super easy, there are going to be exploits galore. There is pretty much no point getting anything but an Aurora Game package. Thats also pretty much what our boss says too. "get an aurora package.." swear I can hear his voice in my head saying it... and picturing him with that scowling expression infront of his greenscreen.,..

What donations are you talking about? Are you talking about buying ships and stuff? Those are pledges not donations, a pledge is giving money in hopw for a return of merchandise(the game). There may not be anything at the end and it might not even finish. This is what a pledge is.

As for the LTI, there was a vote way back when and it ended up being like 80% od backers said keep it going. There was a huge push to make all ships sold until the date of squadron 42 be LTI. CR announced that they didnt advertise the kickstarter properly and many did not hear it until later.

Original scope of this game was arena commander with a few station and basic trading. Very simple game, as funds and demands frew so did the scope of the game. As people demanded better graphics so did their technology needs to develop SC. As more people pledged brtter networks were needed. The original plan was just some server to support NA. now they need them in EU/Asia/NA and talks of SA getting a server too. These all take time. A biggest thing CR never forsaw was the want for exploration that alone is a huge undertaking. All of this means increased game time. It took MA 3-4 years to develop nut noone complained becausr we didnt know. We know about DC and demand why its taking 2-3years.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
I think @Salt Lake hit the nail on the head.
If we were talking about the original game, the first iteration of SC, then it would be finished and installed on all of our systems by now. However, The Great Mr. Roberts has a reputation. We took that reputation and ran, giggling maniacally, from the building, down the street, and on into the next Universe. The people have said, "We want more!", and he has delivered his vision of what that more is, and the people were happy. Then the trolls came. "We want it perfect, and shiny, and NOW!!" they whined. Then TEST came, with their glorious leader, on his Glorious Black and Yellow Test Raptor, and said [REDACTED], for it is too great to write here, but all was good, with TEST at least.

Sorry, started rambling, anyways.... We gave CR money, and Ideas. He, in return, is giving us THE GREATEST GAME IN THE UNIVERSE. I believe this game will be the benchmark for ALL other games, when it's done.

Reactions: Feral Oxide

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
What they said about LTI on the kickstarter was the ships they were selling to the backers would only be LTI to them, not there would not be any other LTIs later. As far as the modding and what not that is only for private servers (such as one you host for you and just your friends) not for the PU that everyone would be on. Just thought I would help clear that up.
Yeah, thats right. They like did a classic ell out, they created this hype, and everyone wants it. In the end, they devalued LTI to those who were lucky to get it originally.

Forgot your password?