Some Guidance on Giveaway!

Grimlock

Captain
Sep 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Grimlock_929
Pardon my lack of posting skills:

Channel : twitch.tv/grimlock929

I've set a goal recently help get a Oculus Rift for some VR content on my stream. I had an idea to do milestone give away. Im thinking about buying 200-300$ worth of the packages below and giving them when milestones are hit. Goal is set at $630 (cost of the Oculus + shipping).

I do not have the money to just straight buy a VR headset at this time, so i was thinking this is a good way to bring in more viewers and help with at least part of the VR headset?

So is this even a good idea?
Opinions on the best way to go about this?
What should my milestones be?
I only Stream Friday / Saturday 11pm - 5am PST

In my buy back pledges i have : ( i was able to buy an LTI avenger back and gift it)

10x +
PACKAGE - AURORA LN / Avenger (x2)
ALSO CONTAINS

• SelfLand Hangar
    • Starting Money: 1,000 UEC
    • 3 Month Insurance
    • Digital Star Citizen Manual
    • Squadron 42 Digital Download
    • Star Citizen Digital Download
5x
STANDALONE SHIP - AEGIS AVENGER TITAN - LTI
ALSO CONTAINS

• Lifetime Insurance
  • SelfLand Hangar

FireEmblem6

Captain
Feb 27, 2016
RSI Handle
FireEmblem6
So essentially, you are investing in yourself. Not a bad idea id you believe you can do it :) I wouldn't do it myself unless I had a lot of followers already.

As for the intervals of the giveaways, You could do the Avenger Titan every $135 intervals. The last one would fall just at $675

You could do the game packages every $57 interval, or somewhere in that range. at $57, assuming I am reading that as 12 game packages, you would end at $684.

Stoutman

Space Marshal
May 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Stoutman
This is a good idea if you already have followers who donate at times. If you don't then this will be harder to achieve.

I would suggest 2 LN packages when you hit 200 and 400, then a Titan at 630 to keep it moving but not too costly.

Reactions: Grimlock

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yeh you don't want to make the prizes so expensive that you never achieve the VR goal (or, it takes toooo long so people lose interest).

Reactions: Grimlock

Grimlock

Captain
Sep 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Grimlock_929
To help get things rolling , im going to do my first giveaway when 2.4 drops to PTU non-NDA after that ill try to spread it out and not over hype it to much as its going to be a slow process im sure.

Thanks everyone for the advice!

Forgot your password?