Some Troubling News from Nvidia

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
As for your answer to a "debacle".
It's not a debacle, it's a fact.

Wattage usage?
Who was the wattage hog all the time before that? Nvidia ofc.

Why do you think bitcoin miners use AMD primarily over Nvidia?
Better wattage per GPU power.

AMD slipped once in that regard, and every nvidia fanboy marched to the forums and made it a fact that AMD if and always has been a power hog, while the facts show the opposite. They pinpointed one GPU. While the full nvidia line has been the hog every release previous.

AMD has improved over the nvidia again.
So the battle is starting again.
It is like a bi-yearly cycle these two go through. And each time the bashing of fanboy camps starts.
Nvidia ones are especially toxic, that is why I hate them with a passion.

Each time new DirectX comes out, ATI is king (at least one year).
Then Nvidia comes out with a card that beats it (but it is at least 30% pricier).

Future trend shows that direct compute will be used more (AMD is king here).
And the tessellation (nvidia is king here currently).

Both competitors know DX12 will be a gamechanger and they will optimize their GPUs to take advantage of any advantage tech that can bring in FPS scores higher.

I am talking about the future not the past. If 980ti and pascal are 200w and fiji and artic islands are 300w, that can cost me about 2-3 dollars a week. Thats 450 USD difference a 3 year upgrade cycle. If vice versa happens then AMD is in my favor.

Miners use AMD because AMD has more cores than Nvidia and does get better performance per watt. When you compare that nvidia has 2k cores and AMD has 4k, AMD performs twice the cycles over Nvidia giving them a huge advantage. Those that do bitcoin, AMD will be their choice. The same thing could be aaid about F@H though, nvidia currently beats AMD, 60 nano vs 48 nano.

I personally also have not dealt with dx12, that is a big unkown to me. If AMD takes full advantage of dx12 and Nvidia doesnt, then that puts me up a creek. Vice versa if I go amd and nvidia takes advantage.

Its up to choice and prefernces. Lately AMD has been getting better at driver support (except linux I heard), and Nvidia has great tesselation which more games are using. While Nvidia has been accused of some very heinous acts and AMD has been keeping their nose clean. We will find out soon if 300 series is as good as they say.

Me personally, I have just been sponsored to do a build what the sponsor wants is up to them. I have a feeling I know what they want. Once its done Ill share it with you guys. Maybe next year when I build my personal computer ill do the opposite, actually I am quite sure I will. Zen is very interesting to me...

PS: I am currently on business trip so this is written on my tablet. I hate writting on it.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I am talking about the future not the past. If 980ti and pascal are 200w and fiji and artic islands are 300w, that can cost me about 2-3 dollars a week. Thats 450 USD difference a 3 year upgrade cycle. If vice versa happens then AMD is in my favor.

Miners use AMD because AMD has more cores than Nvidia and does get better performance per watt. When you compare that nvidia has 2k cores and AMD has 4k, AMD performs twice the cycles over Nvidia giving them a huge advantage. Those that do bitcoin, AMD will be their choice. The same thing could be aaid about F@H though, nvidia currently beats AMD, 60 nano vs 48 nano.

I personally also have not dealt with dx12, that is a big unkown to me. If AMD takes full advantage of dx12 and Nvidia doesnt, then that puts me up a creek. Vice versa if I go amd and nvidia takes advantage.

Its up to choice and prefernces. Lately AMD has been getting better at driver support (except linux I heard), and Nvidia has great tesselation which more games are using. While Nvidia has been accused of some very heinous acts and AMD has been keeping their nose clean. We will find out soon if 300 series is as good as they say.

Me personally, I have just been sponsored to do a build what the sponsor wants is up to them. I have a feeling I know what they want. Once its done Ill share it with you guys. Maybe next year when I build my personal computer ill do the opposite, actually I am quite sure I will. Zen is very interesting to me...

PS: I am currently on business trip so this is written on my tablet. I hate writting on it.
How do you get sponsored for computer builds? :p

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
I have been working with this company for awhile now and keep good communications and helped fix a few issues. I also was a major party for a 3rd party modification that they said directly helped their sales of that product and the community. I approached them saying I was doing a new build, but money was tight as I just dropped several thousand dollars on my father medical bills, and asked for a small discount. They decided to do a full sponsorship for several items.

(my father was attacked by a bull elk while hidhiking, impaled in gut by three points, broken leg and fractured skull, so a few major surgeries and room charges plus physical therapy.)

Last edited:
Reactions: RipVanDan

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
I have been working with this company for awhile now and keep good communications and helped fix a few issues. I also was a major party for a 3rd party modification that they said directly helped their sales of that product and the community. I approached them saying I was doing a new build, but money was tight as I just dropped several thousand dollars on my father medical bills, and asked for a small discount. They decided to do a full sponsorship for several items.

(my father was attacked by a bull elk while hidhiking, impaled in gut by three points, broken leg and fractured skull, so a few major surgeries and room charges plus physical therapy.)
So you are a PC artist and they have commissioned you for your latest masterpiece. Ouch about the ELK.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato

I see, good on ya.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
I see, good on ya.
To be honest a lot of companies will do discounts if you allow them to use your computer pictures for advertising, if it is a good build. Communications is key though. Always stay calm and respectful, learn their names, treat them like they are friends. The more you start to have a good relationship, the more help and benefits you will receive.

This is the reason why i dislike ASUS, i stayed respectful and when i tried to claim my GPU was DOA I was told that all ASUS products were tested before shipping and that I did not have proof of a DOA card as the date received and date I filed the tiecket was a week different. I tried to say I was on business and my wife received the order, and they simply closed the ticket.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
So you are a PC artist and they have commissioned you for your latest masterpiece. Ouch about the ELK.
I would not say artist. My builds are minimilistic and almost militant in design. Very simple and easy to do, but clean and effecient. I attempt to demonstrate that you dont need to have large complicated designs that instead a simple build with some delicate and discipline touchs can be just as good looking as a cathredral like build

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
To be honest a lot of companies will do discounts if you allow them to use your computer pictures for advertising, if it is a good build. Communications is key though. Always stay calm and respectful, learn their names, treat them like they are friends. The more you start to have a good relationship, the more help and benefits you will receive.

This is the reason why i dislike ASUS, i stayed respectful and when i tried to claim my GPU was DOA I was told that all ASUS products were tested before shipping and that I did not have proof of a DOA card as the date received and date I filed the tiecket was a week different. I tried to say I was on business and my wife received the order, and they simply closed the ticket.
Oh boy, this just convinced me to ditch ASUS as a motherboard manufacturer. Think I'll be going with MSi in the future.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
I feel for Americans.

Your health insurance companies really fucked you over.
It is now happening the same way in EU, but more slowly.
I can see the tentacles slowly choking the system.

Forgot your password?