Something You May Not Know About Star Citizen Test Universe - Possible Reason For Our Low Frame Rate

Bretheren

Ensign
Jun 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bretheren
CIG have stated the reason for the poor performance is the item update code (which is currently sending every client ALL the information about your specific instance across the network). To correlate this with the video above (and this is my own educated guess) this could cause the CPU usage to go down (as it is a higher wait state for data) and subsequently the GPU usage to also decrease.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Horizonz

Space Marshal
Jan 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Horizonz
Well, its obviously something to do with the coding of the game. no shit. anyway, I am waiting on a reply from CIG on concierge mail, about this, so they can enlighten us further on what is Actually causing this specific problem

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
haha yeah I remember when we were playing and I was getting the same fps as you with only a 960 sc XD

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Well, its obviously something to do with the coding of the game. no shit. anyway, I am waiting on a reply from CIG on concierge mail, about this, so they can enlighten us further on what is Actually causing this specific problem
He means item code, each object in the game has a ID attached to it :)

Forgot your password?