Sooo No Man's Sky did an update! Anyone like it?

Killllik

Lieutenant
Nov 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Dnaiz
http://store.steampowered.com/app/383120/

Hm, interesting. Will take a closer look this evening. Thanks for mentioning it @Killllik

btw. you should introduce yourself in the Welcome-forum! :slight_smile:
Yeah sorry about that :P I still need to figure out what I should write xD

On-topic:

I think NMS would really benefit from a modding community, I just don't know it is possible to mod it at the moment or if it will ever be. Did they said anything on that regard?

Reactions: AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Haven't read anything about it and since nothing was announced about "modding NMS" my suggestion is: there never will be a possibility to mod NMS.

Lythan

Vice Admiral
Oct 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Lythan
Also a game that is interesting is Empyrion - Galactic survival. Kinda similar to NMS :slight_smile:
I'd say its not really similar at all, You can't very well build your own awesome spaceships from the ground up in NMS right? Currently Empyrion still doesn't have any actual solar systems yet. It does a decent job at imitating one though and my hours spend playing it don't lie.. Its a fun game to play, especially if you like designing/building ships and bases.

Adventuring and PVP aren't going to entertain you for long though.. not yet anyway.

My thought with NMS is unchanged: its too empty and generic.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
I have been wondering for a time now but why is pretty much any new start up trying to build a space game? What's with all that?

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I haven't tried any myself, but the modding community started almost immediately. There's a good chance that the modders will finish the game before Hello Games does. At the very least, it looks like some of these mods would be a vast improvement over the release version. Like the mod "shut up"....

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I haven't tried any myself, but the modding community started almost immediately. There's a good chance that the modders will finish the game before Hello Games does. At the very least, it looks like some of these mods would be a vast improvement over the release version. Like the mod "shut up"....

Whoopsie! That is completely new to me. Have to check this immediatly as soon as I'm arriving at home :astonished::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reactions: Killllik

Miiir

Commander
Nov 29, 2016
RSI Handle
Miiir
I actually enjoyed the game when it came out and put over 50 hours into it. This patch just confuses me thought...they took a game solely focused on exploration and travel and added bases. Just feels like a huge troll from the developers.

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
I actually enjoyed the game when it came out and put over 50 hours into it. This patch just confuses me thought...they took a game solely focused on exploration and travel and added bases. Just feels like a huge troll from the developers.
The game was actually supposed to have base building, it wasn't soley focused on exploration and travel. That was just what was left over after they failed to deliver on everything else.

Cherokeedog

Admiral
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
Cherokeedog
Uninstalled some time ago, after 49 hours of frustrating attempts to relive the beautiful feeling of the first hour of play. Spat on it. Not licking.

Playing Alien Isolation now. Learning how to die with grace. A lot!

Forgot your password?