Soooo new July sub rewards are useless paints ?!!

IndigoSparkles

Vice Admiral
Nov 9, 2019
RSI Handle
IndigoSparkles
I'm on a recurring cause I like the sub stuffs and don't mind the money. But if I had paid attention I would have cancelled this month just because the flair is lazy. If they do another paint I'll probably cancel cause I don't want it to head in that direction. But I'll eventually buy a 100i in game just to have as a tiny roundabout and the sand one looks pretty nice. I'll be giving away the 90s trapper keeper though.
I actually like the "90s Trapper Keeper" one better than the Sand, but it's probably because I'm a child of the trapper keeper era 😆

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Someone needs to talk with them about better flair. They could do a whole series of books with crazy names, kitchen items, potted plants, a thousand other things than these stupid skins for ships most people will not ever want to fly.
I remember when they did the space plant series. Or ship models and holograms. People complained then that the stuff was useless. But I'd prefer to go back to that.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I remember when they did the space plant series. Or ship models and holograms. People complained then that the stuff was useless. But I'd prefer to go back to that.
Come to think of it, given how many ships are available in the Verse, they could dish out 3 different ship hologram plaques a month like they already have for a few ships. Then once we have our own HABs that we keep & can actually decorate on a semi persistent basis, we can place our favorite ships on the walls like posters.

• o7
Reactions: Deroth

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Come to think of it, given how many ships are available in the Verse, they could dish out 3 different ship hologram plaques a month like they already have for a few ships. Then once we have our own HABs that we keep & can actually decorate on a semi persistent basis, we can place our favorite ships on the walls like posters.
That would be nice indeed.

Have you noticed they also stopped since a few months packaging the 3 flairs that came each time with each subscriber edition ship and CCU? Cheap move :)

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'd love to line the resting area walls in my luxury hangar with placards of each different ship in the Verse. I'd also have loaded in holo tables with each of the space station holograms. I think that this would be a great way to treat those VIP's waiting to board my 890J with their fat UEC accounts to boost my ratings to then charge them more in the future. The more I make, the more I can help fund in game TESTified parties. Cheers!

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
I could see them doing this if they put real art resources behind the skins and make them something truly special / collectible for subscribers.

As is, its just a color derivation of a theme, created with minimal effort, and is nothing anyone wants to collect.

Forgot your password?