Space Trucking and the Hull C

Zazooku

Captain
Mar 30, 2016
RSI Handle
Zazizian
Now that I have awaken from my slumber since we are coming near 3.0 and the upcoming sale, I have a couple of questions for you all.

I have decided to be a space trucker from day one and I have built by fleet to reflect progression in space trucking. Titan > Cutlass > Max > ? and here are the questions. I want the next step to but a Hull C but currently have a Taurus instead.

1) Will the step from Max to Hull C be possible?

2) Do you think that the Hull C will increase in price in the Anniversary sale?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Yes and possibly.

Not sure about the Titan to Cutlass to Max steps are necessary as it seems it would be possible to start in the Max. The Cutlass would still be a great ship to keep as it gives you other paths if you need a break form being a trucker. The Taurus cargo size is still unknown but its easy to extrapolate that it will be in the 120 to 160 range. Another great ship would be the Caterpillar with its cargo of 592 before jumping up to the Hull C with its cargo capacity of 4608. The Starfarer Gemini with its cargo of 3321 and its ability to refuel would also give you other options.

The other thing to think about is the number of Pioneers and Orions in the corporation which could easily use all of the available Hull C's, D's and E's from day 1 so it might be entirely possible to skip the capital grind to buy enough cargo to fill your hull to justify using the larger ships with larger operating costs.

Zazooku

Captain
Mar 30, 2016
RSI Handle
Zazizian
Yes and possibly.

The other thing to think about is the number of Pioneers and Orions in the corporation which could easily use all of the available Hull C's, D's and E's from day 1 so it might be entirely possible to skip the capital grind to buy enough cargo to fill your hull to justify using the larger ships with larger operating costs.
Starferer is a good option which I have thought about, but its not a ship I like :(. No idea as to why but its not sitting well with me.
Now that you mentioned it, having the org to "help" with the Hull C is a brilliant idea.

On another note, any guesses are to what cutlass black with go up to in price?

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I'm too lazy to fly... could you tow my fleet in a line after your Hull C?
Fuel for all these ships is expensive and there's no drafting in space.

IF you're a 18 wheeler kinda guy... get the Hull E baby!
But yes, and prices will eventually go up I think on the hull series.. but maybe not this upcoming anniversary event.

Reactions: Deroth and Bambooza

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Have you looked at the Mustang Alpha as a starter with the new cargo box? The bird has a bed, and if you drop the external container, you can fight and race with it. Personally I would go straight from the Mustang to a Taurus and then to the Hull C or the Banu Merchantman. There is not enough to be gained by going with the Titan, Cutlass, or Lancer, IMHO. The Taurus is a big upgrade, especially given it is much faster than the Lancer.

Reactions: DirectorGunner

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
definitely throw a starfarer in the mix, you will be able to haul cargo pods with one making it a sweet rig to get around in.

Forgot your password?