Spacebook

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
There seems to be no security there. I would warn people from using passwords and accounts, that are similar to your Star Citizen account. If this message finds you too late, I would go and change your Star Citizen account passwords ASAP.

*** for the record***

No, I am not trolling or joking, there is no SSL or HTTPS if you will, no certificate, heck you can get one for free for a temporary period, they get revoke when there are complaints, or if you do something that warrants not being worthy of one, or can not get one if your too lazy to apply for it and download/install it. This domain seems very fishy missing it, and yet registering has nothing to protect your name and password. Meaning it could be going to any type of file they want, and used however they want. There could literally be telemetry and would need your protections to defend against it for you.

Anyway, any IT guy worth half his salt, would know better then throw up a site without a certification, when asking for passwords, nicknames, and accounts stuff like this...

VariXx

Rear Admiral
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
VariXx
Look man, there's no reason for a personal attack here. I saw a site and thought I'd share. I wasn't trying to discount anything we already have and it was mostly in a joking matter. I use LastPass with a unique password for every site. I realize not everyone does this and I took that for granted. I'll edit the post to be removed so we're not encouraging traffic to them.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Look man, there's no reason for a personal attack here. I saw a site and thought I'd share.
There was no personal attack! We love you!

That site was a nice attempt at creating a facebook like site for star Citizen, it was put up a while ago and there was no interest then, and looking at the activity on it, there is no interest now either.

Reactions: honcho12 and VariXx

VariXx

Rear Admiral
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
VariXx
It's all good, much test love back at ya. Let's get back on topic to the more important matters like crashing spaceships into things yeah?

Forgot your password?