[Speculation] - Keanu Reeves signed onto 4th Star Wars film trilogy

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Hmm as much as I'll like to see this, is this actually confirmed or is it the merely fandom wishlisting? Lucasfilm/Disney does have a long history of casting relative unknowns for their Star Wars films and this would be unusual for them. Keanu Reeves is a huge actor and will probably expect a huge salary for any role. That may cut into the production costs of any future trilogy.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Hmm as much as I'll like to see this, is this actually confirmed or is it the merely fandom wishlisting? Lucasfilm/Disney does have a long history of casting relative unknowns for their Star Wars films and this would be unusual for them. Keanu Reeves is a huge actor and will probably expect a huge salary for any role. That may cut into the production costs of any future trilogy.
Only way I could see this happen is if they are doing a go a for broke approach, hoping that filling the movie with huge stars only will bring in a lot more ppl just for the big name actors alone. It is a viable strategy, but as you said, would be rather unusual for Disney. For now I think this is just fans wishlisting.

Looking at all the rumors or "leaks" coming from the Mouse in the past half a year or so, I don't trust what anyone says until it's officially confirmed. It feels like Disney is intentionally "leaking" false info every day to confuse ppl and keep being talked about. It's basically free advertisement for them.

Reactions: Szioul

Mushin

Space Marshal
Aug 31, 2015
RSI Handle
Naelobo
Lets be real. If they don't use Keanu as Revan, then its the worst miscast of all time.

1631531789769.png

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Hmm as much as I'll like to see this, is this actually confirmed or is it the merely fandom wishlisting?
You need to watch the vid. He goes into detail that Disney is working with Reeves' schedule since he is involved in the new Matrix work. That sounds like way too much detail for a fan fabrication and he actually mentions his source. Then there is the detail of Gal Gadot as Sith Empress. Then there is the artwork as well--more than what fan fabrication usually brings to the table.

What concerns me is the neo-pagan conceit of making a Sith into the story subject. Supposedly Reeves is playing a Sith anti-hero--not the same as a villain, as the audience is invited to sympathize with him. IMHO, modern audiences are not mature enough to cope with anti-heros. It's an invitation to broken ethics. Think on the past quarter-century's worth of invitation to consider Vampires as other than monsters. It's not doing our culture any good. From the time of Interview with a Vampire, audiences have been invited to sympathize with "good monsters", and one result is people playing Vampire: the Masquerade so haphazardly that people now dress in black, sleep in coffins and drink human blood. No, I'm NOT making this up. A Professor at University of North Dakota was championing "Vampire Rights" some years ago and offering that people who do this need the same protections of every other minority.

Fact is, here in the post-Christian West; we do not censor nor place sanctions against overt evil. We have lost the ability to be moral publicly. That fact does not bode well for making a Sith into the subject of any story. I just don't think modern audiences are adult enough to handle it. Next thing you know we'll have a whole new generation of sorcerers. Satanist churches will use Star Wars for recruitment. For more than thirty years the largest church in Portland has been a Satanic Temple. They run a program in the public elementary schools called "After School Satan". (Now you know why Portland is home to so much crazy.) Think I'm being alarmist? Then explain to me why people drink human blood for fun. How do you think those kinds of people are going to respond to Keanu Reeves' Sith Lord, even given the story is about him learning what is wrong with evil?

Last edited:

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
You need to watch the vid. He goes into detail that Disney is working with Reeves' schedule since he is involved in the new Matrix work. That sounds like way too much detail for a fan fabrication and he actually mentions his source. Then there is the detail of Gal Gadot as Sith Empress. Then there is the artwork as well--more than what fan fabrication usually brings to the table.

What concerns me is the neo-pagan conceit of making a Sith into the story subject. Supposedly Reeves is playing a Sith anti-hero--not the same as a villain, as the audience is invited to sympathize with him. IMHO, modern audiences are not mature enough to cope with anti-heros. It's an invitation to broken ethics. Think on the past quarter-century's worth of invitation to consider Vampires as other than monsters. It's not doing our culture any good. From the time of Interview with a Vampire, audiences have been invited to sympathize with "good monsters", and one result is people playing Vampire: the Masquerade so haphazardly that people now dress in black, sleep in coffins and drink human blood. No, I'm NOT making this up. A Professor at University of North Dakota was championing "Vampire Rights" some years ago and offering that people who do this need the same protections of every other minority.

Fact is, here in the post-Christian West; we do not censor nor place sanctions against overt evil. We have lost the ability to be moral publicly. That fact does not bode well for making a Sith into the subject of any story. I just don't think modern audiences are adult enough to handle it. Next thing you know we'll have a whole new generation of sorcerers. Satanist churches will use Star Wars for recruitment. For more than thirty years the largest church in Portland has been a Satanic Temple. They run a program in the public elementary schools called "After School Satan". (Now you know why Portland is home to so much crazy.) Think I'm being alarmist? Then explain to me why people drink human blood for fun. How do you think those kinds of people are going to respond to Keanu Reeves' Sith Lord, even given the story is about him learning what is wrong with evil?
Oh….Kay.

Sticking to topic, the Star Wars films has cast the likes of Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher, Hayden Christensen, Daisy Ridley, and John Boyega in the past. All of the actors were relative unknowns when they landed their parts. Harrison Ford, Alex Guinness, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, etc are/were more established actors but even then, they’re hardly a triple A-lister like Keanu Reeves who has headlined numerous billion dollar mega franchises like the Matrix and John Wick.

I’ve said this before…‘In the Knows’ don’t speculate and spend time making videos on YouTube. That’s a sure way to end your career if you work in film.

Perhaps these guys are right but I doubt it.

If Disney/Lucasfilm does cast a Darth Revan (It’s also not a given that they’re going down this route)….it’s probably gonna be a 20-30 something year old lesser known guy who really blew the casting directors away in the audition room.

What I’m trying to say is that speculation is fun but I wouldn’t get carried away.

Reactions: Gucci

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Did anyone commenting here watch the vid?
I skimmed through it. It’s a commentary from a fan overlayed with screenshots from past Star Wars games like The Old Republic, Force Unleashed. There are undoubtedly talented artists and video editors out there making fan videos. It doesn’t make them real though.

Felt like I was watching something from Bored Gamer lol.

also…click bait title hmm.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Okay. So you know, Mike Zeroh earns his living sorting through the daily Hollywood press releases, and specifically the Disney releases related to Star Wars. He produces a daily channel both on youtube and Twitter that is Star Wars info only. His information has proven to be completely reliable the last dozen times I posted his vids here. When he is dealing with conjecture he always notes this. Otherwise he is sharing industry trade info.

As to what is on topic--the topic is the intel about the coming movie trilogy. If you understand what Mike says in the vid, then you understand making the Sith the subject of this future Star Wars film trilogy is a huge departure from the past, where the heros were good guys.

Brad Pitt's character in Interview with a Vampire is technically NOT a hero, because he is a serial murderer. He lacks courage, honor, and morality. The story is about how he wrestles with these things and his lost humanity in order to regain some of what it was to be human. He is an anti-hero.

In the first Trilogy (ep4-6) the story is basically "a boy becomes a man". The subject of the story is Luke Skywalker.

in the second trilogy the story is basically one of metamorphosis or "fall from grace", and the subject is Anakin Skywalker.

In the third trilogy the story is basically "the circle of life" as we see Ray replace Luke. The story is about Ray. (People who get it don't like this trilogy because we do not see Ray develop the way we did Luke. She just suddenly has god-like powers she diodn't work for. It's generally considered lazy writing substituted for good so feminism could be shoe-horned in. Kathleen Kennedy tried to do the same thing in a future series but was stopped and demoted by Disney for her failure with the third trilogy.)

In this coming Trilogy the story is apparently about Keanu Reeves' Sith Lord character as he wrestles with the disappointments of evil. What we should expect is to view his disatisfaction with a way of life where no one is loyal, no one is trustworthy, everyone is out for themselves and can ultimately become a threat. It sounds like an exploration in narcissism, adapted specifically to today's narcissistic generation. Hence why I'm concerned. The unreflective are going to take this as an invitation to evil.

Last edited:

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Oh. Okay. So you know, Mike Zeroh earns his living sorting through the daily Hollywood press releases, and specifically the Disney releases related to Star Wars. He produces a daily channel both on youtube and Twitter that is Star Wars info only. His information has proven to be completely reliable the last dozen times I posted his vids here. When he is dealing with conjecture he always notes this. Otherwise he is sharing industry trade info.

As to what is on topic--the topic is the intel about the coming movie trilogy. If you don't believe there is a coming trilogy then don't post. If you understand what Mike says in the vid, then you understand making the Sith the subject of this future Star Wars film trilogy is a huge departure from the past, where the heros were good guys.

Now of course if you don't undertand literature enough to know what an anti-hero is, and can't comprehend how a villain can be an anti-hero, and what the entire anti-hero premise is all about, then I guess you wouldn't understand enough to comment here. That's really the subject. Keanu Reeves is going to be playing an evil Sith Lord and the story is about him.
I did a bit of online sleuthing and the general consensus is that Mike Zeroh is a hack. The dude makes his living making speculative videos for an otherwise insatiable Star Wars fan base desperate for any tidbit of news. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that as as speculation and theory crafting is fun.

What’s odd is when folks take it a bit too seriously and start arguing back and forth about themes, casting decisions, and plot lines that may or may not even be true.

I’ve mentioned this before….I HAVE worked for Disney albeit in a below the line capacity as a technician. None of us are privy to this information. Unless you’re at the Producer level, all this is tight lipped on penalty of torture by the Mouse.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
No offense, but Disney delivers press releases to the trades every work day. You don't now what you're talking about. This kind of information only has one authentic source, and Mike Zeroh has never been wrong in any of the tens of hours of vids i have seen. Zeroh actually notes the detailed info will be out this November, but this is what Disney has said for now.

I think you're damn near out of excuses to not watch the vid, and it really makes no sense commenting on something you didn't watch.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Interesting news. Glad to hear it. With the Marvel franchise seeing so much success for so long now, I've felt that the staying power of the latest trilogy of Star Wars films was fading fast and that Disney would need to do something big to build the 'next Star Wars'. The Mandalorian has been a nice move, but small screen. The next film needs something (someone) big, like Reeves.

Reactions: Sirus7264

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I disagree

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I disagree

That’s a smaller role akin to Alec Guinness (who was a huge star back in the day) as Obi-Wan in a New Hope.

Having Keanu Reeves in the Darth Revan role is more of a bigger deal as he’ll be top 3 on any Callsheet and expect the salary to boot.

Keanu has always expected top billing for big budget franchises and producer credits. He’s done stuff like ‘Always Be my Baby’ in a cameo role but overall….he’s a big Hollywood star. He’ll expect producer credits and a certain level of control, concessions Disney may not be willing to give up.

Maybe this guy is right about Reeves being cast as Revan but I doubt it. We’re not even 100% sure the Revan/KOTOR angle is what Lucasfilm/Disney is going for.

I get it that a lot of fans are very invested in the Star Wars franchise, I think most of us here are since we probably grew up with it. That said, we gotta careful not to get carried away with fanboyism and overspeculation. It actually makes the job of the filmmakers more difficult as you can run into the problem of ‘filmmaking by committee’.

Anyway, that’s this geek’s opinion. 🤓

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I don't think he mentioned Darth Reven. That was someone here. IIUC, the role is of a Sith Lord under a Sith Empress which means it is at least 1,000 years before episode 1. The Jedi ruled the galaxy for more than 1,000 years after they destroyed the Sith.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I don't think he mentioned Darth Reven. That was someone here. IIUC, the role is of a Sith Lord under a Sith Empress which means it is at least 1,000 years before episode 1. The Jedi ruled the galaxy for more than 1,000 years after they destroyed the Sith.
I do find that era very fascinating and would love to see either a trilogy or a series like The Mandalorian.

That said, I think the details will be absolutely ironclad tight lipped. We won’t know the premise or the casting decisions till the very end.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
That’s a smaller role akin to Alec Guinness (who was a huge star back in the day) as Obi-Wan in a New Hope.

Having Keanu Reeves in the Darth Revan role is more of a bigger deal as he’ll be top 3 on any Callsheet and expect the salary to boot.

Keanu has always expected top billing for big budget franchises and producer credits. He’s done stuff like ‘Always Be my Baby’ in a cameo role but overall….he’s a big Hollywood star. He’ll expect producer credits and a certain level of control, concessions Disney may not be willing to give up.

Maybe this guy is right about Reeves being cast as Revan but I doubt it. We’re not even 100% sure the Revan/KOTOR angle is what Lucasfilm/Disney is going for.

I get it that a lot of fans are very invested in the Star Wars franchise, I think most of us here are since we probably grew up with it. That said, we gotta careful not to get carried away with fanboyism and overspeculation. It actually makes the job of the filmmakers more difficult as you can run into the problem of ‘filmmaking by committee’.

Anyway, that’s this geek’s opinion. 🤓
I know you think he asks for alot of money from his movies but read this article and you will see why he is so breathtaking. I wouldnt be surprised if he just was a star wars fan and wanted to enjoy playing in the movie.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/13-breathtaking-financial-facts-keanu-123735806.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFGq1a21kTcEdA9B6sUMhHewOgWHfgRIy6wRpqIyJKfOu9N_KShUUkwZf1Z49Z7RaMVYeUSc57PeoWNpTQFcUeXtZO9klbXnuPgXbvFb57DFwWu65c6jlEx6UtbAdQzoc8-vpGjZo0WTD4XPtKLfw0QuA2VI6igycYsegAS7-mF5

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
I have enjoyed some Keanu films so it may be a good thing.
My issue with Star Wars films is that they aim for the 10-15 year olds audience
The first one in 1977, I thought it was EXCELLENT , I went with my grandfather he did not understand it, I was 10.
The next 2 were OK.
Since then they were not written for 50 year olds

Forgot your password?