• Beer

Votes: 28 59.6%

• Total voters

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
With Citizencon 2016 two weeks away. Do you believe that the almighty Chris Roberts actually gives us a release date for Squadron 42? I think that is a yes and we are going to be in shock at the things we will see come from CIG/Foundry 42.

[In full fanboy with wallet waiting]

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I doubt they will ever give a firm date until it's literally ready for release within a week.

Remember what happened literally every other time CIG gave a specific date and then delayed it and got butthurt?

"Star Marine end of March (2015)" (uh maybe soon?)
"AC 2.0 in about 2 weeks" (2 weeks + 8 weeks)
"Dogfighting Module by end of 2013!" (late 2014?)

CIG might show off a trailer and teasers but unless it's ready to drop they'll be hesitant even to say which quarter we might see it in.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
I would like to see something like a tutorial (of flight and fps mechanics) released for testing before Sq42 gets released or even a release date. I think if Sq42 comes out too buggy, too easy, or even too short, it could do more harm than good to the project as a whole. Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic...
Of course, I'll take what I get, and, of course, I vote beer.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I'd like to say yes, but not so sure. That would mean they'd need to lock in pledges with SQ42 included as someone could buy one and then melt package to get game for free. And I don't think they're ready to do that as it would cause too much drama.

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
I hold a lot of hope that we will see ridiculously amazing things and get a Release Date. I am realistic in the belief that there will be ridiculous amounts of booze that I plan to share with the coolest group of people I've come to know, ADI....mean Test Squadron!

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
I'm totally hyped. Thinking of the CitCon and the possible release of 2.6, it feels....like the first kiss...or even worse :eek::D
Worse than my first kiss? *shudder*

CitCon is going to have some big surprises in it, you can kind of tell from the way that Chris is acting. Like a kid trying to keep a secret and thinking he's being subtle while having a massive grin on his face...

I doubt we'll get a release date, I don't know if we'll get 2.6,but I imagine we'll see something amazing about Sq42. It could be char creation, it could be more cinematics like we got last year, maybe a demo mission?

And no doubt a ship sale!

Reactions: AstroSam

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I voted beer, but I have mixed feelings. My heart wants to hope we'll get a release date, but my brain knows CR is afraid of dates. And numbers. And bears, probably. And evil clowns.

Reactions: AstroSam
Forgot your password?