Squadron patch 1960's style

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I had some free time today, in between figuring out how to model parts of a dynamically defined form - so I began doodling and came up with an idea. This is a digital re-construction of the general appearance of a US Air Force style Squadron shoulder Patch, made from combining elements of some real patches, with the a Test Squadron logo -
testsquadronpatch.png

It looks a lot like some of the patches from the 60's. In case you're wondering - the Latin bit is typical of Air Force patches. In this case it is the Latin equivalent of something like "Holy shit, we're still alive"

I used Gimp 2, so the embroidery look ended up looking like rug-hooking and heavy canvass because I have apparently forgotten how to use that filter.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
It's just something I did with a drawing program, instead of paper, so yeah this just a teaser, but I do know someone who has a machine to make real patches. I can ask, but their houses flooded during Harvey, so I'm not sure if everything survived.

Jamison

Captain
Aug 24, 2017
RSI Handle
TheEther3unny
I had some free time today, in between figuring out how to model parts of a dynamically defined form - so I began doodling and came up with an idea. This is a digital re-construction of the general appearance of a US Air Force style Squadron shoulder Patch, made from combining elements of some real patches, with the a Test Squadron logo -
View attachment 7865

It looks a lot like some of the patches from the 60's. In case you're wondering - the Latin bit is typical of Air Force patches. In this case it is the Latin equivalent of something like "Holy shit, we're still alive"

I used Gimp 2, so the embroidery look ended up looking like rug-hooking and heavy canvass because I have apparently forgotten how to use that filter.
I know a guy if you want me to ask how much it would be?

Send me a pm if you're interested.

Forgot your password?