Star Citizen Aegis Idris tour

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Where do people get these? I saw on reddit a bunch of pics of the new freelancers. Evocati?

Reactions: Deroth

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
As the ships where in the arena they have been added to the code. As such people can access them with the right modifications. I think its a shame as it will probably put of CIG from doing the same again.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
First of all, CIG will never be able to prevent that coder are taking part of their project for attempting whatever kind of hacking.
As long as it doesn't harm the project Star Citizien itself - as in this case - it can only be in CIG's interest. This will give them more attention, which is likely to be very high in the case of the Idris. And I even go so far as to say that even the Star Marine Hacks should not necessarily be negative, but rather the opposite. In this way CIG learns to recognize and close security gaps in its concept.
As for the case of "unknown44" itself, I understand it as offended vanity and a kind of "see? If only you had hired me - you lose!" But anyway, it won't hurt CIG imho.

Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
IT is just whether they would get more publicity with their own marketing. There is a certain specialness about the first time you see things It is why I am not overly bothered about logging into the alpha.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
@Crymsan There are always two sides to marketing: one is what you do and publish yourself - and the other is what goes viral. This can also be intentional, and as I said, such a publication does not harm CIG. On the contrary: if CIG would publish such a video or even an asset, it would immediately be viewed critically and taken apart, and everyone would scream "Mistakes! All bullshit! Bad work! I want my money back!" And so on. But NOW it's exactly the other way around: boah, wonder, great, super, want to have, give me.
Win-Win.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Hmm that's a mixed sword Wolfy see the 600i. In reality the ship could be smaller but I will fill it with space and then its bigger (sorry Luxurious). So far at least they have not repeated the starfarer experience i.e. all corridors with little logic. Plus even though its nice to walk around ships do you really want to spend 5 minutes getting to the cockpit every time?

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Hmm that's a mixed sword Wolfy see the 600i. In reality the ship could be smaller but I will fill it with space and then its bigger (sorry Luxurious). So far at least they have not repeated the starfarer experience i.e. all corridors with little logic. Plus even though its nice to walk around ships do you really want to spend 5 minutes getting to the cockpit every time?
The 600I is pretty damn great, has a ton of stuff for it's size, what are you talking about? It has it's "work" and luxury decks relatively well laid out with critical infrastructure in easily accessible places.

GarikDuvall

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Garik_Duvall
This has made me even more excited for the 890 seeing how much they can fit in the larger ships.
This video tour was great. But ya man, I'd be content in just being "the help" if it mean I was able to serve on the 890. I can only imagine how amazing it will be 😵

Forgot your password?