Star Citizen Farming Equipment [SCFE]

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
So with Black Friday and Christmas on the horizon the good folks at Thrustmaster probably thought : "Ho, ho, ho, let's make some money from all those Farming Simulator geeks that pop up in droves!"
So they are throwing a bunch of new simulator gear onto the market for that specific target group.
Among them is a new variant of our beloved T1600M Joystick.
Behold!
The new and improved SimTask FarmsStick from Thrustmaster.
So if you are short on money for actual Hardware from buying too many Arrastras and people ask you what you want for Christmas.
This is it.

1700994062878.png

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Are you sure it’s for simulators and not actual ag gear? They have some pretty amazing control systems on big ag units these days. GPS allows far less overlap on each pass of a tractor, especially with spray units that don’t leave telltale signs where they’ve been. Fully self driving monstrosities are now eviscerating virgin fields with no direct adult supervision and as consequence, far fewer people are dying of hunger around the world.

Ag is pretty cool these days. They sometimes look like spaceships.
View: https://youtu.be/BHT2TMZSXeQ?si=_bFWkzd2nhKWG7rj

Last edited:

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Well trust me, it is for simulators.
People are paying big bucks today to pretend being a hightech farmhand.
And as I'm fully aware of the technological marvels of the agricultural industry these days I'm also aware of the social and ecological consequences.
But I didn't actually post this to discuss the influence of nitrogenous fertilizer on rural exodus and the dawn of industrialisation.
I posted it to say:
There!
Cheap joystick.
Lots of buttons!
Good for mining and stuff.

PS: I'm not sober enough to post about serious topics anyhow. Cheers! :o7:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
PS: I'm not sober enough to post about serious topics anyhow. Cheers! :o7:
Not sober enough to discuss serious topics my friend? Bummer, I was going to ask you to seriously state your favorite beverages & what you enjoy most about them. This is TEST Squadron after all & this, I believe is a seriously TESTified question for us all to consider. Cheers!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
@Mudhawk - We're expecting some fancy flying from you with that swanky new joystick! :o7:

Has TEST Squadron every made any attempts at formation flying like a crappy version of the Blue Angels?
Based on our TESTified skills, I believe that any passengers that pay to "ride a long" would call us the "Vomit Comets" instead of something like the Blue Angels. They might not die along the ride, but they might wish they had once we've properly TEST landed.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Not sober enough to discuss serious topics my friend? Bummer, I was going to ask you to seriously state your favorite beverages & what you enjoy most about them. This is TEST Squadron after all & this, I believe is a seriously TESTified question for us all to consider. Cheers!
Do not fear comrade!
Never to drunkt do fail at flying OR talk about my favorite drinks!
If I feel like a little comfort for my troubled soul I usually turn towards the water of life as produced by the fine folks of the Islay region in Scotland.
Yesterday my copilot was a fine specimen going by the callsign of "Lagavullin 16yrs".
But I'm not choosy.I'll also enjoy the company of a "Dhalvinnie" or "Caol Ila" for example.
I may or may not enjoy a fling with an distant cousin of theirs from Speyside, the Highlands, Ireland or the far shores of Nippon (Masaka!).
That being said I'd like to point out that german whiskys are to be avoided.
While our distillers are experts when it comes to spirits they obviously can't be bothered to play the long game.
And for me a 5 years old Whisky simply doesn't cut it.
That being said I wonder if the're is a place for us refined gentlemen in this forum to discuss such things?
Someplace with compfy seating, a fireplace and a selection of cigars maybe? :love:

• Glorious
Reactions: Talonsbane

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
@Mudhawk - We're expecting some fancy flying from you with that swanky new joystick! :o7:

Has TEST Squadron every made any attempts at formation flying like a crappy version of the Blue Angels?
I hereby officially apply to the "Yellow Scorchemarks" or however that team shall be named.
I'll bring my own crappy vessel in the proper color scheme.

1701073324247.jpeg

PS: The Delta is by far the sneakiest little bugger in game once you turn off the Jerichos.
Imagine how the audience is gonna shit themselves once we suddenly turn up from out of nowhere like a horde of frenzied lemmings. :o7:

1701073668418.png

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
That being said I wonder if the're is a place for us refined gentlemen in this forum to discuss such things?
Someplace with compfy seating, a fireplace and a selection of cigars maybe? :love:
I can think of 1, but it is nearly impossible to gain entry if you haven't already. It's known as the Million Mile High Club. Some claim it to be an urban legend of SC, but the truth is that it is a real place in the Verse where even if you can find it, only those granted permission can enter.

• Glorious
Reactions: Mudhawk

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
I can think of 1, but it is nearly impossible to gain entry if you haven't already. It's known as the Million Mile High Club. Some claim it to be an urban legend of SC, but the truth is that it is a real place in the Verse where even if you can find it, only those granted permission can enter.
Ah! THAT place!
You do realize that they call it the "Million Mile High Club" because it's not cigars that they are smoking, right?
Otherwise it's a nice place if you don't mind wading through thick clouds of smoke.
Come to think of it, I believe it's near Orison. But you can't see it.
Because of them clouds... :-)

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Ah! THAT place!
You do realize that they call it the "Million Mile High Club" because it's not cigars that they are smoking, right?
Otherwise it's a nice place if you don't mind wading through thick clouds of smoke.
Come to think of it, I believe it's near Orison. But you can't see it.
Because of them clouds... :-)
What happens in the MMHC, stays in the MMHC. ;p Cheers!

• Glorious
Reactions: Mudhawk
Forgot your password?