Star Citizen Hotas - Who's going to get one?

Are you going to buy the Star Citizen Hotas?

• Yes

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • No because it's made by Saitek

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters

Horizonz

Space Marshal
Jan 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Horizonz
So GamesCon 2015 released the first look at the Dedicated Star Citizen Hotas. Personally think it looks pretty sweet.
Its got a touch screen pad and a gimbal on the joystick so you can manoeuvre / pilot the ship and use gimbals at the same time instead of choosing one or the other.

http://imgur.com/1wauhHl

So, I',m curious, who's going to get one?

Attachments

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
So GamesCon 2015 released the first look at the Dedicated Star Citizen Hotas. Personally think it looks pretty sweet.
Its got a touch screen pad and a gimbal on the joystick so you can manoeuvre / pilot the ship and use gimbals at the same time instead of choosing one or the other.

http://imgur.com/1wauhHl

So, I',m curious, who's going to get one?
Don't forget the other hotas they showed! they all looked great, and price points are probably good.

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
It looks cool, but I would definitely need to see A) a price tag and B) how it can be used outside of SC. While I want a HOTAS system, I don't have a lot of desk real estate or cold hard cæsh, and I can use my xbox controller for a variety of other games

Plus I dunno if I'm good enough at SC to justify the purchase. Its like buying filet mignon to cook it cajun style

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I have never used a flight stick set up before, but after watching the unveiling I am glad that I held off buying anything.

I will most likely curb my ' buy it quick ' impulse and wait for a review of them before purchasing

Reactions: MzHartz

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I've already got an x55. and ever since madcatz bought saitek they haven't had a very good track record at first relese

Beauseant

Commander
Jun 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Beauseant
I will get one the question now is just when..... I have an X55 that's been working great, and with me moving to the UK in a year or two I might sell some stuff and start over.

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
Trackball for aiming weapons...
The game is build for M/K, i'll guess i'll go with that

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
I rather buy another GFX card than a controller.
Or Oculus rift when It becomes available.

Reactions: KingNerd

Dragor

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2013
RSI Handle
Wargas
The Entry-Version seems nice!
Especially the modularity, but thats only usefull if the keyboard is any good.

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
Star citizen plays best with a Throttle + Mouse.
Joystick + keyboard is probably the worst possible option. Makes sense on paper but not when you actually play star citizen

Reactions: Snakey

Viedon

Lieutenant
Aug 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Viedon
Never had a HOTAS don't know how to use one but I want one of those

Serious Table

Admiral
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Serious_Table
I'll very likely pick up that High-end one, especially if it's got an analog thumbstick on the throttle. That completely eliminates my need for a second stick on the left hand! And damn, that's sexy as hell...

Really hoping CIG is putting enough pressure on them to be absolutely certain the build quality is as good as it gets.

Reactions: KingNerd

Horizonz

Space Marshal
Jan 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Horizonz
Depending on how much they are, I'm going to try to pick the high end one up. Just made my mind up (y)

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
I'm waiting for more details myself. I'm definitely gonna be getting a HOTAS but will wait to know more about price/quality/etc and decide between a SC one or an x55.

Forgot your password?