Star Citizen Mercury Star Runner Giveaway

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I knew thats what the Mercury was missing, having 52-odd missiles!

(although Corsair > Connie, I'll die on this hill)
The Corsair is Drake, and I have an irrational hatred for all things drake except the Dragonfly. :)

I was thinking about the guns, well the guns and the line:
When you think handsome bounty hunter making his own way in a galaxy of enemies, you think the Constellation.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
MSR is basically a super fast boi isn't it?

I expect decent shields, speed, and pop guns on it.
It does have same cargo capacity as the Connie and is faster and more agile to.
so yeah I'd call it a super fast boi indeed ha ha
🍻

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
MSR is basically a super fast boi isn't it?

I expect decent shields, speed, and pop guns on it.
Unless things have changed from the Q&A it's supposed to fall squarely between the Cutlass and Freelancer in terms of speed (SCM specified) and handling.

Now it could have a crazy fast max speed/cruise speed, whatever you wanna call it. Like how the Carrack is equally fast as a Gladius for....some indiscernible reason.

One thing is for sure: people are going to be mad no matter how it turns out! I suspect people will be salty over the armament (or lack thereof).

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Unless things have changed from the Q&A it's supposed to fall squarely between the Cutlass and Freelancer in terms of speed (SCM specified) and handling.

Now it could have a crazy fast max speed/cruise speed, whatever you wanna call it. Like how the Carrack is equally fast as a Gladius for....some indiscernible reason.

One thing is for sure: people are going to be mad no matter how it turns out! I suspect people will be salty over the armament (or lack thereof).
The biggest complaint, "but, but , but I can't solo it."

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
And here I solo my Carrack, even if Pico says they are a great co-pilot.

I do have to admit that I have been pondering upgrading my Andromeda to a Mercury given i also have a Phoenix but I don't know what I would do with the Mercury.
I don't see the Mercury as an upgrade. I do see it as, potentially, non-redundant next to my Andromeda.

For me, the Andromeda stays. The fate of the Mercury is up to future gameplay and far from certain. :)

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Let's see...!

Mercury have same cargo capacity as a connie..
larger smuggler cargo space
and ability to transport and scan data running
and it got a checkerboard table
and it's faster more agile... etc. etc..

Why would one want to keep a connie over a Mercury I don't get... The fire power?? pffft ha ha ha connie turn like a school buss....

So what good is the fire power against a more agile ship like a Mercury, Vanguard etc.. etc.. ... eeeh!...

I know!.. it's zip cero nada.. HA HA HA 🤪

CHEERS! 🍻

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Let's see...!

Mercury have same cargo capacity as a connie..
larger smuggler cargo space
and ability to transport and scan data running
and it got a checkerboard table
and it's faster more agile... etc. etc..

Why would one want to keep a connie over a Mercury I don't get... The fire power?? pffft ha ha ha connie turn like a school buss....

So what good is the fire power against a more agile ship like a Mercury, Vanguard etc.. etc.. ... eeeh!...

I know!.. it's zip cero nada.. HA HA HA 🤪

CHEERS! 🍻
And here is why the Connie is not being replaced by the Mercury, for me.

It isn't my primary combat ship, neither would be.
4 Size 4 Gimballed weapons vs. 2 Size 2, in case I actually have to shoot someone. (The defensive turrets are the same.)
Exploration grade sensors.
52 missiles vs. 4.
Merlin Scout.
Life Support and long range capacity for 4 vs. 3.
All without giving up carrying the same amount of cargo.

As for agility, you are more agile than a Connie, but it isn't a Connie that you have to be more agile than. :}

Since it isn't in game, I am not convinced data running is worth the effort. (Then again, I am not convinced it isn't, which is why the Mercury is likely to survive this anniversary sale.)

Most importantly, though,

When you think handsome bounty hunter making his own way in a galaxy of enemies, you think the Constellation.
and

Constellations are beloved by smugglers and merchants alike because they are modular, high powered… and just downright iconic-looking.
(Apparently the Connie can be used for smuggling.)

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I think an interesting thing to note is that the mercurary has 5 computers more than any other small to medium ship - which should allow you to (eventually) slave all turrets to auto blade so you can effectively solo the ship. Maybe not offensively, but defendively - I agree the 2 x S2 for the pilot are weak compare to the connie and feelancer max. I guess it all revolves around the looks, the feels when flying and the datarunning whenever that appears.

Chip Hazzard

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2018
RSI Handle
ChipHazzard
I think an interesting thing to note is that the mercurary has 5 computers more than any other small to medium ship - which should allow you to (eventually) slave all turrets to auto blade so you can effectively solo the ship. Maybe not offensively, but defendively - I agree the 2 x S2 for the pilot are weak compare to the connie and feelancer max. I guess it all revolves around the looks, the feels when flying and the datarunning whenever that appears.
From the Q&A I thought it said that some of those computers were specifically for data running, so not sure if you will be able to use them all for Blades. I could be wrong though (most likely am to be honest!).

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
And here is why the Connie is not being replaced by the Mercury, for me.

It isn't my primary combat ship, neither would be.
4 Size 4 Gimballed weapons vs. 2 Size 2, in case I actually have to shoot someone. (The defensive turrets are the same.)
Exploration grade sensors.
52 missiles vs. 4.
Merlin Scout.
Life Support and long range capacity for 4 vs. 3.
All without giving up carrying the same amount of cargo.

As for agility, you are more agile than a Connie, but it isn't a Connie that you have to be more agile than. :}

Since it isn't in game, I am not convinced data running is worth the effort. (Then again, I am not convinced it isn't, which is why the Mercury is likely to survive this anniversary sale.)

Most importantly, though,

and

(Apparently the Connie can be used for smuggling.)
Just wanted to add the Connie can carry a rover.

Aesthetically, for me I really like the Mercury over the Connie, I just am not sure what use I would have for the Mercury. Not that I see myself having any more use for the Connie its just one of those iconic ships that I picked up from the start and have kept ever since.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
From the Q&A I thought it said that some of those computers were specifically for data running, so not sure if you will be able to use them all for Blades. I could be wrong though (most likely am to be honest!).
A pair of medium computers can run 4 turrets, per the Hammerhead Q&A. Now a medium computer has 4 blade slots, per concept art, so how that works is an open question.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Just wanted to add the Connie can carry a rover.

Aesthetically, for me I really like the Mercury over the Connie, I just am not sure what use I would have for the Mercury. Not that I see myself having any more use for the Connie its just one of those iconic ships that I picked up from the start and have kept ever since.
They are both supposed to be able to carry a Rover. :)

Forgot your password?