Star Citizen new ship! RSI Galaxy

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Montoya,

Very interesting....

I don't think it will be as expensive as you think for a "base" version (let's say cargo). Where I see the differences is in the different modules. Much like the Endeavor, the Retaliator, the Caterpillar, and the 600i, you could have multiple modules that will fit in, OR, you can buy the versions you want.

Odyssey is Polaris is 155m (right now, might expand based on hints and statements given) 140m and has a hangar, 600i is 91, Perseus is 100m, Carrack is 126, C2 is 94m. So something between 100 and 175 (105-125 for giggles and grins) might fit in very well in that area.

Of course, they will also sell all X many variants....so Cargo variant for X, Combat for Y, undisclosed for Z, etc...gotta buy them all

Last edited:

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

yes.

I do like those triangular ships. there's something very aggressive yet very sexy yet very solid about the shape. if it shapes up to be a proper competitor to the carrack, I might just have to CCU...

obligatory illuminati confirmed

EDIT
:

after a bunch more hmming and thinking, there's a few things I'd like to seriously contemplate and speculate in the open, considering the information in this video from LawlessBaron:

from what's told, i get the impression that it's intended as an RSI competitor against the Carrack and the Odyssey. this is the context with which everyone should give their judgement on this ship.

both the Carrack and Odyssey have a hangar for small flying vessels. the Galaxy does not, and it is greatly disadvantaged by this. it needs to compensate for this or else it won't even be considered by at least most potential buyers.

LB's video gives some text leaked from the avocados. This information alludes to there being only ONE, albeit large, module slot, by the quote: "the cargo module". emphasis on "the".

this is yet another disadvantage because the Carrack already has 3 small module slots, allowing for better flexibility. imagine, for example, a possible (and heavily reliant on speculation) scenario where a Carrack has one cargo module, one mining module and one refining module, allowing it to mine and process quantainium while still having a bit of cargo space to fill up. this would mean that the Carrack would absolutely win as the ultimate expeditionary vessel hands down against not only the Galaxy but against the Odyssey as well.

*IF* (and it's a big if) the carrack will have a mining module and a refining module, it'll basically invalidate the existence of the Odyssey.

on top of that, if the Galaxy will only have *ONE* module slot, that means its flexibility will be severely limited.

and with the expected physicalization of literally everything in this simulator-game, that would mean swapping modules will take time, and the bigger the module the longer it will take to swap. that's another W for the Carrack and L for the Galaxy.

with all of that said, however, I think the Galaxy has one selling point in the form of the single huge module slot. that could mean it will have modules types that the Carrack won't have, like say the mining/refining module could be a Galaxy-exclusive. or maybe it'll be able to function as a mobile Kel-To with the capacity to treat *ALL* injuries and *ALL* ailments.

if that will turn out to be the case, then the Galaxy will have its place. but there is a lot of information missing, both in the Galaxy's corner and in the Carrack's.

for now, the big mystery is all about the modularity. and that's what I am most looking forward to seeing answered.

Last edited:

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
While avocado leaks create a desire to go medieval on the leakers..

As @CRISS9000 points out, there is some really important info missing here. On the basis of what has been mined, this doesn't offer anything to compete with either the Carrack or the Odyssey. It looks to me more like the Galaxy would complement those ships by providing better abilities in a specific direction.

So far, it's just a bigger Constellation, as others have observed.

Reactions: CRISS9000

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Agreed with all said, but it does beg the question of why stop at a 5 man crew. If you go to the 11 man crew of the Polaris, you get all the benefits of all the modules for the Galaxy at once, with the possible exception of cargo size; you get a much larger vehicle bay (I believe with ramp rather than elevator, but that fits an Ursa), you get a hangar that appears will fit an entire wing of Arrows, you get 32 S3 missiles, 28 S10 torpedoes, and a chin gun that will likely be upgraded at release to S6 (the Draugar can shoot down incoming missiles and torpedoes.) Perhaps most importantly, the Polaris wears an S4 sensor suite, so it can see 50% farther than the smaller S3 ships. That is HUGE. Honestly I think the moment the Polaris is released we'll see everyone scrambling to put crews together and the real competition will become who runs the most effective corvette. That will likely be determined by how effectively one can lead a team of about 20, including 9 fighter pilots.

Aside from all that, I don't know who noticed that it appears from the leak that the X1 is going to be released. This makes perfect sense. With patches slipping entire seasons behind, CIG is going to throw in more releases than usual to soften the complaints, and that smacks of X1 release to me. So yeah, plan to get your bikes while you can. To remind, the Force has but one S1 weapon compared to the 2 S1 on a Nox, but it has 2 shields instead, and those matter much more than the missing weapon. The Force is a mobile heavy machine gun. Get 'em while you can.

I can't believe the Nox is out five years. Where does the time go?

View: https://youtu.be/A2vgYRiO07M

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
A Frigate is generally considered the smallest "ship pf the line", meaning the smallest fleet warship. It is one step up from a Corvette. The Idris was originally planned to be a Corvette, but its size went up and up during early design until be finally was reclassified as a Frigate.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Now the Cutter is exposed, looks like we have all the surprises out the way

Based on what you have here. It looks like more than one.
cutters have different meaning in different ages, but one of the, was a ship’s boat. I wonder if it will have a docking collar that can be latched on to another ship? For instance, could this dock to the Corsair somehow? It would make for an interesting alternative to a legionnaire?

in either case, this looks to be the LTI token for the IAE, probably in the 45-60 dollar range? Maybe less. Maybe more.

‘’this combines with a possible new Pisces (also an LTI token of sorts), means that if the Galaxy is correct, it’s going to be a doozy price wise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?