Star Citizen news update: 3.18 wipe incoming, SQ42 updates and more [video]

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Wrapping up some news from the past few weeks! LETS GO!

Good vijeo, quiet unexpected!

I don't even open those emails anymore. It's been 2 years since I read one in it's entirety. That's what youtubers are for.

Yes I do want to see SQ42. But we won't, since they are reworking the basics of movement both in gravity and in space, thus having to at least touch up every single location/building/ship-int and exterior to accommodate for that, make and add the jetpacks for EVA, animations for everything, make cool set-pieces for the long jumps/climbs, and debug and rewrite the script and the code and reshoots and more mocap and... yeah. It will be a while yet. 3+ years.

That ad thing is silly. I'm assuming here, that the marketing dept. is mostly ran by those who invested into CIG a couple of years ago. If I remember correctly they were doing marketing stuff and taken onboard for that specific reason?
Anyways, they seem to follow the mantra of Modern marketing rule n.1.: the company doesn't make mistakes, there's nothing ever wrong and the company can do no wrong. Pausing the ads would have meant admitting they messed up. It's a small wonder they didn't outright openly attack the customers, as is expected nowadays...

Wipe is causing drama? Bwahahahahaaaa, get a life loosers... Right now I wish I could be one of them with that much free time to waste on SC. I don't think I'll be touching it until .19 is out.

Reactions: CosmicTrader

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
  • Glorious
Reactions: Blind Owl

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
When has CIG Marketing ever actually communicated with the DEV team? How many issues <cough>Ares<cough> have we seen due to their marketing team not communicating with the DEV team?

Forgot your password?