Star Citizen - Personal Shuttles

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I was talking to @Agent 021 about this on discord and had a dilemma. The question came up what we would be most likely to use as a quick back and forth ship that held no value to us but can perform the task of getting us from A to B fast. In Eve Online there were literally shuttles that you could buy or make yourself and they aligned fast, warped relatively quickly from gate to gate and even carried some cargo.

What do you think would be your shuttle? I'm thinking the Mustang Beta or the Aurora LX. They both come with a jump drive installed ready to go and can carry some cargo. Not much but enough for a short journey. On the high end I would use the basic Reliant Kore. It offers passenger space and much more cargo room.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: GameFleek

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
I figured my 325 would do a pretty good job of that, small amount of cargo, fast trip somewhere. And if i were in a desperate hurry, M50?

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
M50. A shuttle is used to move a person quickly not a mini hauler, M50 fits the bill perfectly.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
I would say the reliant, I mean, the standard. It's cheap, and have a lot of backspace + 2 pilots.

Stee Jans

Grand Admiral
Sep 1, 2015
RSI Handle
SteeJans
I think it'll depend where I'm going, so either the 315p or hornet ghost. 315 for quick, general trips. Hornet ghost for getting somewhere unnoticed (dangerous space and/or setting up backroom deals).. When I buy one again though, so far, I've purchased and melted the ghost 3 times. =P For now, the lancer dur/max is the smallest ship I have.

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
avenger probably. Especially if it will feature some stealth tech.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
Mustang beta definitely

vindslav

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
vindslav
The Cutlass comes with a docking collar, and the interior is modular. Might be able to set up some seats on the inside.

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
M50 most likely. Probably Sabre if I'm doing something that requires a little more range. Maybe Vanguard, depending how effective it is solo.

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
Probably my Freelancer. Why? Because to me, if I'm not making at least a little money on a trip, I won't go. In EVE Online, I would never travel by shuttle, always by industrial or scan ship, just in case. To keep it smaller though, a 300 series or the reliant if/when I get one. It's very situational on what I would use as a shuttle.
Situation A: Getting set up for moving to a different base. Freelancer, carry with me as much as I can.
Situation B: Relocating temporarily for a fleet combat op: 300/avenger/sabre (Fast interceptor of some kind), something usable for the op
Situation C: Temp-relo for fleet industry venture: Indutrial of similar type (Starfarer, Freelancer, other haulers)
Situation D: Scouting for new home: 300/Avenge/etc, self explanitory
Situation E: Going to visit someone: M50/aurora/Avenger/300/etc Basically any of the smaller single seaters. Range determines which one.
Now, some of these assume that I'm not providing the primary ship for the operation. So say we're doing a bomb run, I'd bring my Tali unless we already have enough, or if we're mining I'd bring a miner or cargo hauler unless we just need more crew.

I think I'm over thinking this.

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
I think it depends on cost of ships and other factors such as the distance of the trip, cargo space needed, if it's a one way trip or not and other possibilities that elude me at this point.

In Eve Online, if it was a one way trip then I'd snag up a shuttle and either trash or quick resale it or keep it if I was just grabbing a ship from another hangar.

If I remember correctly, the Aurora and Mustang had ability to attach a small cargo container for small cargo trips. Hopefully they'll model up a Merlin chassis for quick disposable runs like an Eve Online shuttle.

Dranoc

Autistic EVE Player
Donor
Feb 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Dranoc
I would assume something super small so it could take all the space magic holes. I would also keep it small so it's harder to hit and has fast align time.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Aurora LX or Mustang Beta for me. Small, cheap, easy to replace, and quick enough to get from A to B. Plus, if I'm going to be going to crew a capital ship, they'll be small enough that they may be parked in the hangar bay.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
My Cutlass. It will be my home away from home. After flying just about all the other ships we have in the game, I still like the way it flies, mostly. It has the most character of them all, IMHO. The sound of stressing metal when you turn to hard, the way the acceleration takes half a second to kick in for the afterburners, all of it. It will be my the main ship I use, and the one that gets the most attention for upgrades.

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?