Star Citizen reacts to Banu Merchantman update

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yes there needs to be less white and more alien colours I agree.

• o7
Reactions: Deroth

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
i'm pretty sure its just not finished yet...?

Its not going to make much sense stepping from the BMM into the defender in its hangar and having the whole esthetic change.

I could be wrong but i just dont see it happen considering the effort which has gone in to the rest of the game.
Yes it's not finished but then don't show it off with colors and textures it might not have in the end, or just clarify that it's placeholder. Again, this might be a shit storm caused by lack of clear communication rather than what they actually intend to do. It wouldn't be the first time...

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Well I thought the wing textures were kinda final (for a default skin) and just imagined the white bits were not. But I guess I’m in the ‘don’t care that much about exterior paints’ camp most of the time.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I urge patience, young grasshoppers. Much alien flair is to be found in textures and surfaces. The whitebox looks very 890 because the 890 is white. This thing is probably going to end up looking like the inside of an ancient Persian caravan tent with crazy colors and metals and shit. If that ceremonial area doesn't have a shrine to Talos, I am crashing it into the sun.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I kinda like the smoothed aesthetic and ‘organic’ looking curves vis a vis the previous ‘spiky’ concept art.

If I want spikes and jagged edges….I’ll get Vanduul ships or something.

It’s all about the interior anyway.

Reactions: Raven_King

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
As has been pointed out by quite a few people on Spectrum, the UK ship design team is AMAZING at interiors, but when it comes to exteriors...everything comes out looking like a weird hybrid Origin-MISC ship (too much white, parallel/near-parallel lines for the central body of the ship, and an overly blunted nose.)
I hope they let the US ship design team take a crack at the exterior of the BMM before release (they are the ones that did the Defender exterior design) so they can give it an exterior look and feel that matches with the Defender.

Forgot your password?