Star citizen resolution trouble

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
I know you reinstalled the game, but did you also manually delete all of the files and folders plus a restart before the new download? That might sound basic, but hunting down all files and folders and manually removing them has fixed a few games for me other the years.

It is seems to be a compatibility issue with the specific game. Not a hardware one.
yep during one of them i deleted the files and then did a complete system wipe.

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
Turn out other games suffer from my troubles too, just not as noticeably. But the squashing is still there, making the games look worse.

dammit.

Tried installing a very earlier nvidia driver... no dice..

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
maybe install the new version and unplug all but 1 monitor. I'm grasping at straws at this point lol

Last edited:

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
maybe install the new version and unplug all but 1 monitor. I'm at grasping straws at this point lol
so am i. I have tried sooooo many things on this issue it hurts. But as it is making all games look bad i really need to fix it in some way.

i am almost there where i am thinking about installing windows 7, and then if that doesn't solve it, installing my old motherboard.

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
so am i. I have tried sooooo many things on this issue it hurts. But as it is making all games look bad i really need to fix it in some way.

i am almost there where i am thinking about installing windows 7, and then if that doesn't solve it, installing my old motherboard.
maybe try disconnecting any drives that don't have windows on them to make sure somethings not conflicting.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Havent read through everything so apologies if this has been asked, but do you use a game-enhancer (like razer gamebooster)? There are some issues with it detecting the monitor with the lowest resolution as main so it always defaults to that in gaming.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Turn out other games suffer from my troubles too, just not as noticeably. But the squashing is still there, making the games look worse.

dammit.

Tried installing a very earlier nvidia driver... no dice..
Ah, ok so it's not just SC, that helps a lot.

It's worth checking into any background processes/services that might be running like @Bigtimes suggested and running a game with only the minimum required software running.

It might seem silly, but have you tried a different PCIe port on the mobo and checked all of your mobo drivers?

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
Ah, ok so it's not just SC, that helps a lot.

It's worth checking into any background processes/services that might be running like @Bigtimes suggested and running a game with only the minimum required software running.

It might seem silly, but have you tried a different PCIe port on the mobo and checked all of your mobo drivers?
yep, i have loaded with all the mobo drivers from the manufacturer.
I have also run with only what windows installed
tried cards in 2 different ports, haven't tried the third slot...
and i tried running the game before i installed anything else on the machine.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Don't know tbh, I always used right :) your problem pisses me off and I want to fix it

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
Don't know tbh, I always used right :) your problem pisses me off and I want to fix it
You and me both, this is the first issue that really have me baffled that a full reinstall could not solve...

i'm at a point where i think it's either the graphics drivers that's wrong somehow, or windows 10 that is the problem.

most likely it's windows 10, next likely graphics.

think i will try installing windows 7 soon.

Forgot your password?