Star Citizen short-movie/Kurzfilm: Project "Kill the Cat" (aka Caterpillar)

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Great video, Sam! So did the Merlins disappear when exiting the Cat from the pilots perspective? What did the pilots see?
I was wondering what happened after QD, how did the Cutlass' bust up the Cat with out defense from the drop ships, etc.
Good bugs for Bug Smashers.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hey @hardroc77 thanks for your interest and your questions. Well, the original plan was, to attack the Cat with one team and with the other to defend her by using the P52 Merlin snubfighters. As you can notice in the production notes at the end of the vid, we were very surprised when the P52s disappeared. Thus no dogfight was possible. Nevertheless, team 1 entered the Cat and we've had a short fps fight. That being said, I - the filmer - have also been shot, haha. Little dumb schmucks, my team mates, haha :smile: Well, after that, we played and filmed some fps scenes, so that I was able to take some shots in 3rd person view.

One important lesson I've learned: you can't have enough filmed material. It was nearly impossible to fill 3 interesting minutes by having almost 60 minutes of raw filming material. And even this small amateur vid took me three days do "compose" all the scenes, music, sound effects, put everything together, rip it apart again, put it together, adjust, move, trim,...... Nevertheless, it was really great fun doing it.

That being said, when we first planned the filming, all action scenes suddenly went down and stopped at that time when we recognized the magnificent work of CIG: its...I lost my words here...its magnificant. You just have to walk through the Cat when she is hurt badly. Its such an eyeopener, all the flames, sparking, dust, red lights... This is so just wow.....

P.S.: one more word: the turrets of the Cat are badass! It only took two hits to bring a Buccaneer down!

Reactions: A.Santos
Forgot your password?