Star Citizen Space Ambiente, by AstroSam - for TEST Squadron BEST Squadron

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Its my pleasure, dear @CosmicTrader , thank you very much.

I'm suprised that we can't activate more votes from a *huge* group like TEST. But I don't want to "stress" that topic, because probably people would become annoyed. I'm happy nevertheless for getting 25 upvotes, thanks again for your support! :)

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
@CosmicTrader Every time, I'm playing Star Citizen and doing some filming while searching the best view/angle for the next shot, I am overwhelmed by the details, CIG put into this game. Talking about Cry-Astro, I literally gasp loudly when I looked up and saw these huge fuel tanks for the first time! Its looking like...huge stalactites in a unbelievable huge cave...a "space cave" ;)

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Upvoted. That was awesome. I'm going to use this as my go-to demonstration video when I am showing the game off to new people. It's not "Hey, look what I can blow up!" like so many other videos. It capitalizes on the mellow side of SC. You know, the side of SC that gave you goosebumps that first time you walked out onto the deck at Port Olisar. When you saw space for the first time and you couldn't help but whisper "holy shit..."

You know, this just means that you will need to repeat the process once 3.0 comes out. I can see a V2.0 that takes you down to the planet.

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
I showed my cousin this video (in addition to a couple rounds of AC, and a tour of my hanger) and it blew him away. He'd heard of SC, but seeing what CIG has done, and what the community is capable of, he was speechless. Awesome vid @AstroSam! One of the best by far!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hey, thanks a lot, ear @The Razgriz ! If your cousin could also give me an upvote (we can reach 100 votes, can't we? Ha! :D) that would be very cool!

==============

At everyone, who is interested in the Animated Wallpaper:

Costs about 3 or 4 bucks, totally worth it!
I've managed to upload the vid into the workshop section of steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=875005181

Problem is, that it currently only works on 16:9 screens cause of the descriptions. Thus I have to erase the text, render the video again and then upload it for you can use it also on you multi-screens or 21:9 monitors. The rendering process will take a couple of hours, so maybe tomorrow I can present you the screensaver-version :)

Cheers!
Astro

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hey, thanks a lot, ear @The Razgriz ! If your cousin could also give me an upvote (we can reach 100 votes, can't we? Ha! :smile:) that would be very cool!

==============

I've managed to upload the vid into the workshop section of steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=875005181

Problem is, that it currently only works on 16:9 screens cause of the descriptions. Thus I have to erase the text, render the video again and then upload it for you can use it also on you multi-screens or 21:9 monitors. The rendering process will take a couple of hours, so maybe tomorrow I can present you the screensaver-version :slight_smile:

Cheers!
Astro
Good Lord Sam, look at you go. I'll have to delve into this once I'm home on the weekend.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
You know, the side of SC that gave you goosebumps that first time you walked out onto the deck at Port Olisar. When you saw space for the first time and you couldn't help but whisper "holy shit..."
100% --- This should be a CIG promotional video.

Good Lord Sam, look at you go. I'll have to delve into this once I'm home on the weekend.
Don't miss this @Blind Owl

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hey, thanks a lot, ear @The Razgriz ! If your cousin could also give me an upvote (we can reach 100 votes, can't we? Ha! :smile:) that would be very cool!

==============

Problem is, that it currently only works on 16:9 screens cause of the descriptions. Thus I have to erase the text, render the video again and then upload it for you can use it also on you multi-screens or 21:9 monitors. The rendering process will take a couple of hours, so maybe tomorrow I can present you the screensaver-version :slight_smile:

Cheers!
Astro
Hey all, there has been happen a small failure during rendering process. Thus no Animated Wallpaper for 21:9 today. I have done some rework and will start the next process this night, stay tuned! :beers:

P.S.: its official: AMD-CPU has magic kung-fu which results in MOAR then 100% calculation power :smile:

Last edited:

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I'm just watching the vid, first time since four, five weeks.
Still draws me in. I'm sitting in the office, making boring numbers, and on the third monitor "Space Ambiente" enlightens my Friday afternoon.
I'm totally looking forward to 3.0 for then producing "Space Ambiente part II" :) :) :)

Cheers, have a nice Friday afternoon @ all TESTies :)

Dragonslaya54

Space Marshal
May 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Nilrune
This vid is for those, who want to dream of Star Citizen but have no gaming rig at their hands or are not part of it yet; for those, who follow the dream of Chris Roberts, which hopefully will become true one day; for those, who want to relax and enjoy, while watching or listening, while reading or studying, while being at work or on travels (have a safe travel!).

This vid is for all of you Star Citizens - regardless whether you are pirate or trader or explorer or bounty hunter.

Enjoy! We will meet us in the 'verse, one day.

P.S.: would be cool, if you could give me an upvote in the community hub: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/citizen-spotlight/7342-Star-Citizen-Space-Ambiente-By-AstroSam-TEST-Squadron Thanks a lot in advance!!
Fantastic Job! Keep it up! :beer::beers::beer::beers:

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Really sorry I haven't gotten around to watching this until now. It's very "Bladerunnerish" to me, and just good entertainment. The music is perfect for just flying over a moon or planet, sightseeing in a big ship or cruising through deep space and taking in the wonders of the CIG universe! Thanks Sam!

Forgot your password?