Star Citizen theme like movies & series

Voodoo

Admiral
Nov 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Just8KB8
Hey y'all!

I was wondering. What series or movies are giving you that real Star Citizen kind of feel?

The ones coming to my mind but which I already have seen are:
* Elysium
* Oblivion
* The Expanse (serie)
* Alien (all parts) & Prometheus
* Interstellar

Do you people have any other must-see suggestions for me? :clapper:

Cheers!

Last edited:

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Battlestar Galactica, Wing Commander(the movie) and as said The Expanse is good.

Just can't think of a movie with swarms of drunken pilots crashing their ships into everything to get the real feel for Star Citizen...

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Space: Above and beyond (1995-1996 series, sq42-alike. Its the wing commander series we never had, but always wanted)
Wing Commander (movie, and animated series too which was called wc:academy I think?)
Battlestar Galactica (series, the new one, and the seventies show also has space battles sometimes)
Knights of Sydonia (anime series, has a BSG wibe kinda, but less shaky cam and less neurotic actors)
Sabre Rider and the Star Sheriffs (jk, its a cartoon series, but sci-fi themed. Its also very old)
The Expanse (series, the best in the last 2 years imo, must watch! The most SC -alike maybe, cos of extensive world building)
Ascension (series, not really sc but good sci-fi)
Firefly/Serenity (series/ending movie, also mandatory viewing lol)
Last Starfighter (movie, cant remember if it holds up or if its SC like in any way, seen it when i was a kid ages ago. I must watch it again sometime...)
The Fifth Element (movie, cool characters, funny as hell)
Basicly all the stuff said before me, they are all good sci-fi, if not strictly SC-like.

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
All of the above and one I have watched recently Dark Matter. I wouldn't call it a must see but I like it.

Reactions: Radegast74

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
Star Wars
Star Trek
Space: 1999
Blade Runner
Silent Running
Firefly/Serenity
The Fifth Element
Star Blazers
Wing Commander
Alien (just watch them all)
Mad Max 2 and 3
Forbidden Planet
2001: A Space Odyssey
Supernova
Space Truckers
The Thing
Outland
Saturn 3
Battle Beyond the Stars
and the movie that reminds me most of TEST Squadron, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Forgot your password?