Star Citizen twitter hints at 3.15 today

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I've just worked out what i have to do...

Fly the ship I want to Orison.

Rent a ship.

Fly back to Babbo.

Fly the ship I want to Loreville.

Rent a ship.

Fly to Babbo.

Mess around at New Babbo with my ship there.

Rent a ship.

Fly to Orison.

Mess around with my ship there.

Rent a ship.

Fly to Lorville and mess around with my ship there.

Rent a ship.

Fly to Area 18.

Realise I didn't bring a ship over from Babbo yet.

Fly back to New Babbo.

Take the ship I want to Area 18.

Mess around at Area 18.

Try to rent a ship. Realise I have run out of money...

Try to do a mission. Realise I have run out of fuel.

Starve.

I'll start on that plan after dinner! :)

EDIT - Thinking about it this may give Taxi mission/contracts a reason now. All my crap is tied down to one place I need to stick out my thumb and get a ride back to where my gear is.
The worse one is gearing up your ships. You have to do them individually since you can't transport the components.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I've just worked out what i have to do...

Fly the ship I want to Orison.

Rent a ship.

Fly back to Babbo.

Fly the ship I want to Loreville.

Rent a ship.

Fly to Babbo.

Mess around at New Babbo with my ship there.

Rent a ship.

Fly to Orison.

Mess around with my ship there.

Rent a ship.

Fly to Lorville and mess around with my ship there.

Rent a ship.

Fly to Area 18.

Realise I didn't bring a ship over from Babbo yet.

Fly back to New Babbo.

Take the ship I want to Area 18.

Mess around at Area 18.

Try to rent a ship. Realise I have run out of money...

Try to do a mission. Realise I have run out of fuel.

Starve.

I'll start on that plan after dinner! :)

EDIT - Thinking about it this may give Taxi mission/contracts a reason now. All my crap is tied down to one place I need to stick out my thumb and get a ride back to where my gear is.

I mean I can see it being an issue but given there is no public transportation and death reverts you back to your base of operation all of your ships are going to be in this hanger your staging out of. You fly out do some missions and if you want to use another ship fly back to your home port select your other ship and go off drinking beer. You're not going to have your ships for the foreseeable future spread out all over the place as its not practical to do so at the moment.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Anywhere but New Babbage and Orison. That leaves Lorville and Area 18. Of those, Lorville is probably the most versatile.

@NaffNaffBobFace, you can (currently) claim your ships wherever you are. Don't do that if they've got anything you don't want to lose.
Why not New Babbage? It has shops, ground vehicle access that is way more convenient than Lorville, and there is stuff to do there too although not the best place for bounty missions.
Lorville does seem like the best option.
Area18 has no ground vehicle access and no ground missions as far as I know, otherwise it was a top contender for me.
Orison indeed seems like the worst option for the moment with no ground access obviously, and probably the worst/least amount of shops?

3.15.0 runs kinda crap, cos it seems to have a heartbeat-like hitching issue along with tons of bugs (like the NB hotel metro hallway being filled with ghost ER-lifts and med-beds blocking the way). I hope 15.1 fixes these cos it's annoying. At least I could complete a box run without issues, so that's somthing I guess...

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Inferno:
Size: it's big...looks like it's bigger than the sabre, maybe a little smaller than a vanguard?
Ammunition count: 2000 bullets
SCM: about 165ish
Top Speed: about 1120
Sound is satisfying, but you will burn through ammo QUICKLY Spin up seems to be about .75-1 second
Acceleration and deceleration seems good
Maneuvering is okay, but it's not nimble like a gladius...more like a vanguard feeling, maybe slightly better.
Overall first impression...NICE!

Ion

Size: it's big...looks like it's bigger than the sabre, maybe a little smaller than a vanguard?
Ammunition count: SF7E laser cannon - 31 shots/charge
SCM: about 165ish
Top Speed: about 1120
Sound is satisfying, but you will burn through ammo QUICKLY Spin up seems to be about .75-1 second
Acceleration and deceleration seems good
Maneuvering is okay, but it's not nimble like a gladius...more like a vanguard feeling, maybe slightly better.
Overall first impression...very nice!

Both versions of the Ares are easy to fly and will probably make mincemeat out of ships like cutlasses/freelancers/connies/redeemers, but will have problems when fighting against interceptors and other fighters. Vanguards are going to be an interesting matchup...

EDIT - The acceleration (and probably the rate of turn) is said to be too high, so expect a significant nerf in those attributes.

Redeemer
Ammo counts (pilot) C-788 : 100 shells. M5A: 201 shots per recharge cycle
Lower Turret AD5B: 1500 bullets
SCM: about 140
Top Speed: 960
Sound is...not what I would have thought
Acceleration is good for a ship it's size, but it's no fighter
Maneuvering is
The front M5As can be controlled by pilot or by dedicated Turret operator
Top and bottom turrets are accessed via control boards that don't look like the normal enter/exit points (nice touch)
Overall first impression: A good gunship. Will be a good match for a pirate ship like a Caterpiller. IMO, those that got the Connie Andromeda for combat should get this instead.

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Why not New Babbage? It has shops, ground vehicle access that is way more convenient than Lorville, and there is stuff to do there too although not the best place for bounty missions.
Lorville does seem like the best option.
Area18 has no ground vehicle access and no ground missions as far as I know, otherwise it was a top contender for me.
Orison indeed seems like the worst option for the moment with no ground access obviously, and probably the worst/least amount of shops?

3.15.0 runs kinda crap, cos it seems to have a heartbeat-like hitching issue along with tons of bugs (like the NB hotel metro hallway being filled with ghost ER-lifts and med-beds blocking the way). I hope 15.1 fixes these cos it's annoying. At least I could complete a box run without issues, so that's something I guess...
I really hate it when NPC's or their furniture block the path of real players. And I guess where to set as home depends on a bunch of factors, and it can vary based on the player. Area 18 for me is the winner but I have to say that New Babbage comes close... it's just way to far to travel to what I like to be able to buy there. Except food, they did a good job with that.

Forgot your password?