Star Trek: Picard, This Should Be Good.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
the 2nd trailer, shown in the beginning gave me chills. I am actually excited, but at the same time irritated it's only going to be on CBS online Netflix wanna be knock off-site.
I refused to get it when the new Star Trek released, but for the great Sir Patrick Stewart. He's an amazing actor.
TNG was the best, I look forward to this continuation.

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
the 2nd trailer, shown in the beginning gave me chills. I am actually excited, but at the same time irritated it's only going to be on CBS online Netflix wanna be knock off-site.
I refused to get it when the new Star Trek released, but for the great Sir Patrick Stewart. He's an amazing actor.
TNG was the best, I look forward to this continuation.
It should be on Amazon Prime as well according to some of the things I have read.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
CBS online?

Fuck that.

I guess we saw this coming though. All these dinosaur broadcast stations saw that digital content deliver was wave of the future.

Netflix just managed to get there first, now all of them want your $10/month to serve you the same shit you were getting before you cut the cable.

Kiladyn

Vice Admiral
Dec 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Kiladyn
I am really getting tired of all the different companies creating their own streaming service, it is actually taking away the appeal for me. It was awesome have Netflix having most things and if you wanted the current seasons you would get Hulu. Now all these other bitches....

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
CBS online?

Fuck that.

I guess we saw this coming though. All these dinosaur broadcast stations saw that digital content deliver was wave of the future.

Netflix just managed to get there first, now all of them want your $10/month to serve you the same shit you were getting before you cut the cable.
I agree, CBS does not even have enough content to make it worth using their streaming service.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I guess the solution is we all go to @DirectorGunner 's place and watch it with him!
I do have an HD projector on a roughly 120-inch screen and a sofa set up for 9 to 12 people, and 7.1 surround sound via Yamaha speakers and receiver.
I just finished installing the rear 4 speakers in the ceiling last week.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
"CBS All Access is a very affordable solution for those missing CBS shows. CBS All Access costs​
$5.99 a month
, and there is no contract so you can cancel anytime. They offer a 1-week free trial, so you can try it at no risk. There is also a commercial free option for $9.99 per month."

This is pretty bad imo, CBS now asking for 9.99$ to get it commercial free? So 5.99$ a month you still get the commercials? lmao what a fing joke. Shits getting out of hand quick!​

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
"CBS All Access is a very affordable solution for those missing CBS shows. CBS All Access costs
$5.99 a month
, and there is no contract so you can cancel anytime. They offer a 1-week free trial, so you can try it at no risk. There is also a commercial free option for $9.99 per month."

This is pretty bad imo, CBS now asking for 9.99$ to get it commercial free? So 5.99$ a month you still get the commercials? lmao what a fing joke. Shits getting out of hand quick!
Not only that but CBS All Access still doesn't have access to all of their current primetime shows. Go figure.

Reactions: littlej0e

littlej0e

Grand Admiral
Donor
May 3, 2019
RSI Handle
littlej0e
CBS online?

Fuck that.

100% agree. These network pricks are being incredibly greedy and short-sighted. Again...

Most of the major networks that missed out on the initial streaming boom are suddenly scrambling to establish thier own services and put up walls around their content. If they continue decoupling from centralized content delivery platforms like DirectTV NOW, Netflix, etc., they are bound to see a substantial increase in piracy.

In other words, if these dipshits are stupid enough to limit consumer choice and make it easier to pirate content than to pay for it, they are guaranteed to lose money. And they will only have themselves to blame...

The inevitable conclusion to all of this greedy fuckery is reasonably priced ala-cart content delivery platforms. The sooner we get there, the better it will be for everyone. Major networks included.

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
100% agree. These network pricks are being incredibly greedy and short-sighted. Again...

Most of the major networks that missed out on the initial streaming boom are suddenly scrambling to establish thier own services and put up walls around their content. If they continue decoupling from centralized content delivery platforms like DirectTV NOW, Netflix, etc., they are bound to see a substantial increase in piracy.

In other words, if these dipshits are stupid enough to limit consumer choice and make it easier to pirate content than to pay for it, they are guaranteed to lose money. And they will only have themselves to blame...

The inevitable conclusion to all of this greedy fuckery is reasonably priced ala-cart content delivery platforms. The sooner we get there, the better it will be for everyone. Major networks included.

To bad what they will see is that the online venture leads to an increase in piracy which just confirms their views of the online world.

Reactions: littlej0e

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Well, I'm not going to give CBS $10.00 p/mo to watch this... but I will buy it on Vudu when it releases. It looks good, the trailer feels good, but ohh please CBS, please don't fuck it up!!

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?