Star Wars Battlefront 2

wexxe20457

Space Marshal
Aug 6, 2015
RSI Handle
wexxe20457
Looking for people to play with. Not fun being alone.

Add me on Origin if you also looking for a new friend. Username: wexxe20457

Reactions: Thugari

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Reactions: ThomSirveaux

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Reactions: Stevetank

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Hopefully the servers will stay a ghost town so EA finally learns their lesson. Another studio needs to be given control over star wars IP, because Electronic Antichrist is ruining it for everyone.

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
Hopefully the servers will stay a ghost town so EA finally learns their lesson. Another studio needs to be given control over star wars IP, because Electronic Antichrist is ruining it for everyone.
I played the beta and the actual game play was great. I would be all over this if it wasn't for the flawed unlock system.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
Origin name: Thomsirveaux

I played the campaign a lot, last night (mainly because it meant I could pause the game if behbeh needed tending to), and I really enjoyed it, but damn was it pretty formulaic as far as "plot twists" go. Not gonna spoil anything, but being half-way through the story, I could see things happening two to three missions before they did. I might replay the campaign on the hardest mode, because even "Soldier" makes me feel like I'm a freaking demigod, usually only dying because I wasn't paying attention, or because their depth perception while flying sucks balls.

"Oh, it looks like I have plenty of time to bank away from that debris or obstac-... nope, just crashed." - Me... several times... last night

Also this: https://clips.twitch.tv/OddDependableChickenRickroll

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Origin name: Thomsirveaux

I played the campaign a lot, last night (mainly because it meant I could pause the game if behbeh needed tending to), and I really enjoyed it, but damn was it pretty formulaic as far as "plot twists" go. Not gonna spoil anything, but being half-way through the story, I could see things happening two to three missions before they did. I might replay the campaign on the hardest mode, because even "Soldier" makes me feel like I'm a freaking demigod, usually only dying because I wasn't paying attention, or because their depth perception while flying sucks balls.

"Oh, it looks like I have plenty of time to bank away from that debris or obstac-... nope, just crashed." - Me... several times... last night

Also this: https://clips.twitch.tv/OddDependableChickenRickroll
That link ends with Rickroll.... Not touching that.

NOPE.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I played the beta and the actual game play was great. I would be all over this if it wasn't for the flawed unlock system.
I love Star Wars and the game does look pretty fun. Too bad EA sucks. Oh well.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Not going to buy the game personally, but I wish I wanted to.

I played a bit in the 10 hours (and 2.5 chapters) Trials and am liking the Campaign and Starfighter Assault so far. Don't really care much about the rest but still bummed out by their decisions. Really wish it is a GREAT game with EVERYTHING amazing. It's really leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

I'll wait until it's out on EA Access Vault so I can finish the Campaign. That is ONE thing EA did good on (EA Access) it allows me to play almost everything I wanted to play and only the parts I wanted to play (Singleplayer Campaign mostly) without spending the full money to buy the game. Only caveat is I have to wait a few months, but I don't mind.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
EA killed Mass Effect, EA killed Sim City, EA punched Battlefield in the gut, EA turned Dragon Age into a completely different game, EA tried a new IP with Titanfall and look how the first one turned out. EA turned Battlefront into an abomination with their first iteration, straying from what made the originals fun and trying to turn it into yet another cash grab. I could almost swear Zynga (the company that made farmville and everything else that takes your money from your phone) is the one making all the decisions for them. I played the beta of Battlefront 2 and I really enjoyed it, so I had hoped that maybe with the Star Wars IP they had to tone that shit down because Disney would be the ones fucking them if they pissed a lot of people off. I was wrong.

I really want to buy Battlefront 2 still, and I'm really on the fence. On one hand, there's still a great game there. On the other, in the back of my mind I just hear EA whispering softly into my ear as they rub their nipples "fuck you Jolly".

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
EA killed Mass Effect, EA killed Sim City, EA punched Battlefield in the gut, EA turned Dragon Age into a completely different game, EA tried a new IP with Titanfall and look how the first one turned out. EA turned Battlefront into an abomination with their first iteration, straying from what made the originals fun and trying to turn it into yet another cash grab..
Mostly agree, except for the Titanfall part. The first game was great, it just never got a large player base going, but I could still get a match the day before Titanfall 2 came out. TF2 is a great game that was hamstrung by being released at basically the same time as Battlefield One but still has a pretty steady player base. Of course now EA has bought Respawn so TF3 is probably going to have microtransactions out the ass.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Of course now EA has bought Respawn so TF3 is probably going to have microtransactions out the ass.
To be fair... The reason EA bought Respawn is to prevent it from being bought by Nexon.
I'd much rather see an EA Titanfall than Nexon Titanfall. (If you've ever played MapleStory, Combat Arms, or any other game of theirs, you'll know Nexon is even WORSE at microtransaction/pay to win... although... their games are "Free to Play". The worst kind of F2P)

Reactions: DarthMunkee

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
EA killed Mass Effect, EA killed Sim City, EA punched Battlefield in the gut, EA turned Dragon Age into a completely different game, EA tried a new IP with Titanfall and look how the first one turned out. EA turned Battlefront into an abomination with their first iteration, straying from what made the originals fun and trying to turn it into yet another cash grab.
I seriously wonder what their actual business model is, because they'd make way more money if their games were, to put it frankly, playable.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
The EA developers response has 665k down votes...up over 2k since I looked at it 30 min ago. Gee, I wonder what makes you think people aren't happy?

https://np.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/seriously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/?sh=d933a385&st=J9YZE0QK
lol, that post is up to (or is it down to?) 681k down votes.
I seriously wonder what their actual business model is, because they'd make way more money if their games were, to put it frankly, playable.
Their business model is about to include ways of monetizing down votes on reddit...

Forgot your password?