Star Wars Battlefront: Super Spectacular Saturdays [Oct. 10, 2015]

PSIcoh

Grand Admiral
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
PSIcoh
Ugh... Looks like I'm going to re instal Origin...

I'm watching Summit1G play it right now with CohhCarnage and I really really want to play it... It looks pretty awesome.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Ugh... Looks like I'm going to re instal Origin...

I'm watching Summit1G play it right now with CohhCarnage and I really really want to play it... It looks pretty awesome.
I don't like the idea of using origin again but it looks like it will be fun to play, and with mass testies even more fun!

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
sigh... am I the only one who don't dislike EA? nor Origin? I'm rather looking forward to their games (Need For Speed, Battefront, Mass Effect, etc)

either way, if I'm available, Saturday, I'm in!

Reactions: Riekopo

PSIcoh

Grand Admiral
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
PSIcoh
Aaand I completely forgot that my wife and I are headed away for the weekend.... :(

gladestone

Vice Admiral
Mar 8, 2015
RSI Handle
gladestone
Ive been waiting for this third installation for a very long time..Comicon is sunday sigh im going lol..You guys wil be at citizen con no worris ill take picks..Pre ordered this already

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Begun, the pre-loading has.

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
If im not too busy packing im in

Serious Table

Admiral
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Serious_Table
Got to play for about 20 minutes while at work, here's my quick analysis after playing through two games:

I don't know why, but after the old movies and all of the old games being either ancient or more cartoony, a la Star Wars: The Old republic, this game needed to be done. It needed to be done and presented in the way that it has, because it is fucking gorgeous. It's classic Star Wars presented in such a modern light and take that you can't help but marvel at it. Really incredibly well done.

I enjoy the partner system very much. It's nice to have a target to follow around if you're still new and shoot where they shoot.

The sound design on the game is phenomenal, as well. All of the sounds are very very familiar, but when they're close-by or you're the source of the sound (such as the classic Stormtrooper's rifle shot), there's a lot more bass and "oomph" to it, to give each shot power.

The gameplay feels very smooth, and they've done a good job of helping to capture some of that old Battlefront feel, especially in the death cam. That always seems like such a minor thing, but my first death gave me instant flashbacks to Battlefront 2. I think, thus far, they've done a good job of making you feel like a grunt, like previous battlefronts, but also making you feel capable with really tight gunplay.

Speaking of, the gunplay feels rock solid. The grenades might throw a little wonky, in my opinion, but the actual act of moving your weapon and firing is great. I think this is one of the weaknesses that the previous Battlefronts had that I'm glad DICE shored up. With so many modern shooters out there, I think it was important that they did it well.

BE WARNED: Shots take time to travel, instead of hitscan. You'll likely need to lead a bit.

I haven't played enough to comment on the lack of a class system that's instead been replaced by a loadout, but thus far? I'm honestly not too broken up about that aspect of it. The rest feels like modern Battlefront, in my opinion.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
I just played one round, and it seemed better than COD, so it gets my vote. :)
Guess I will have to fiddle around with it some more, between derping around with the regular streamers......

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Its a little frustrating from the beginning but playing with other testies got me through that part and now I am enjoying it now that I am getting the hang of it.

Forgot your password?