Star Wars Squadron now with trailer

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The Y-Wing gets offed in the first scene it's in. Think I'll wait and see if it actually has a flyable Y-Wing before having a go I don't want to see my ride of choice being scenery cannon fodder.

I saw no B-Wing in that ad did anyone catch it in the background?

And I think NMS and Anthem taught us all not to bother with the whole Pre-Order thing. Don't pay for their last few months of dev time, sometimes that's all the dev time that's been put in to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I watched the trailer and havent looked into it more than that.

It feels like they took the space combat maps from Battlefront, added some cockpits, they'll probably tack on some cinematics for a single player -same maps vs bots- campaign, and that's it. I doubt it will be anything like Xwing vs TIEfighter... I'm guessing no real joystick support either, gamepad and mouse optimized. Oh, and lootboxes. Lots of lootboxes.

Tell me how wrong I am about all this! I'd be more than happy to finally play something more like the good ol TIEfighter.

Reactions: Thraesh

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
That is very good news indeed. I've heard that EA was on the up and up lately as they spun up the old battlefront servers, fixed up the lootbox drama of the newer battlefront2 so it's an okay game to play now, and I'm enjoying the CnC remaster a lot, great job with that.
This gives me some hope that they will do this right!

Edit: also I might pick this up so I have something to play with my cheapo diy Android VR setup lol

Reactions: Doggen

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Not been a huge fan of EA games as of late. But my view is any even-decent space-oriented game like this is a good thing. Having the choice to play it is better than having none.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
The way to fix the huuuuuge deadzone issue with joysticks on the X and Y axis is by using a 3rd party tool like UCR .
If you remap x and y to for example rotary x and rotary y it should fix it. Tested by moi

Last edited:
Reactions: Lorddarthvik

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
So only did the opening missions and tutorials, definitely would be better using a HOTAS setup, Xbox One controller just feels odd to me. Going to dig mine out and see how much better I do, but so far the game looks great and haven't seen any crazy issues.

I am down to play some multiplayer this weekend as well, Drunk 1 stumbling by!

Forgot your password?