Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Paging all Starfarer owners.

While most of the SF issues have been resolved last year, the most annoying one still remains -- both variants of the tanker can be boarded by anyone via catwalk doors and lifts. Enhanced Fuel Mechanics is coming -- Starfarers would gain gas- and quantum fuel refining and refuelling functionality. They would soon begin carrying precious cargo, a cargo that could be stolen easily, unless the rear doors and lifts could be locked.

Please upvote below post on spectrum to show CIG that we need Armored Transport spacecraft, not the space equivalent of the USPS Grumman Long Life Vehicle. Thank you!
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/65295/thread/starfarer-backdoor-a-year-later

----------
This message was sponsored by the United Empire of Earth. Join the Federal Service today. Remember, service guarantees citizenship!

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
October 24, 2019 update:

The problem has been solved! The dev team, pushed by me and many other people, implemented a Starfarer backdoor workaround in Alpha 3.7. You can no longer access catwalk airlock and lift interactive actions from outside. Nobody is able to get onboard via catwalk -- that includes an owner: you can lock yourself out once you enter the catwalk from inside; but this shouldn't be a problem, as you can jump over railing and board the ship again via rear ramp. It's perfectly safe in zero-gravity and relatively safe on the planet surface. I tested the procedure few times with Gemini and didn't hurt myself at all.

By the way, the sticky-ladder has been fixed too!

ScreenShot0326.jpg

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
Noooooooooooo. . . . Now my pirate raids <blinks> I mean, legal repossession business that's totally legit <wink smile glimmer> will be ruined by the extra hard work I have to do. Curse you WMK and dev team for making an honest crook <cough> I mean honest businessman work harder.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Don't know what to say,
It's good unwanted or outsiders can't get in that is not in party or owner.

But that owner can get locked out on his own ship is the most dumbest thing I ever heard and totally unacceptable solution.
What if I want to inspect damage or just take a nice walk on the catwalk then I can't get in again without jumping ship..
This is not how you solve such a problem..
That will not be a thing for long...

That's gotta get in the book of record for "Laziest game coding solution..."

CHEERS! 🍻

Forgot your password?