Starting at the bottom.

Likewise

Captain
Nov 11, 2016
RSI Handle
likewiseone
Then into an Avenger, mostly because of her versatility. And the fact I've never really played with one, so I think that'd be interesting.
I had the Avenger Titan for a while and I got it for the versatility also. Eventually, I upgraded to the Cutlass Black because it had that same versatility but more firepower, defense, and capacity. I do miss my Avenger from time to time though just because it's a nice looking and flying little ship.

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
I had the Avenger Titan for a while and I got it for the versatility also. Eventually, I upgraded to the Cutlass Black because it had that same versatility but more firepower, defense, and capacity. I do miss my Avenger from time to time though just because it's a nice looking and flying little ship.
Didn't they nerf the agility? At least I heard people complain about the Avenger on Spectrum.

When I first looked at SC, I wanted the Titan. But I'd never use Ballistics, so that kinda died.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
The Avenger is good in a straight line but not so good in other directions like the Gladius is. We'll see how the Cutlass plays out. It's a lovely little utility ship. I'm mostly looking forward to the tractor beams and the possibility of swapping the back of the blue out with the red or black.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Well the only two ships I have that fit that cost are Hull B and Herald. The Hull B I think would be best to grind out some cash the problem is though if it feels like a grind will you ever get up to anything larger. I like the herald bed internal layout etc but its not really cut out for fighting so it really will be earning money eaves dropping. To be honest it doesn't quite fit (due to cost) but the best cheapish general ship I would have gone for if I had one was the cutlass black.

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
Honestly i would absolutely love to start with either of the following
Merlin
Argo
Dragon fly

Hire myself out to fit into other ships that need crew for scouting/exploration/drop ship pilot etc.

Eventually get enough money made up to buy a connie or a cutlass blue for myself and stick my dragonfly in and just go exploring with some smuggling

Likewise

Captain
Nov 11, 2016
RSI Handle
likewiseone
Didn't they nerf the agility? At least I heard people complain about the Avenger on Spectrum.

When I first looked at SC, I wanted the Titan. But I'd never use Ballistics, so that kinda died.
Probably. I just know that pre 2.6 it was much more effective. 2.6 came and I had to learn all over again due to the new flight model and it just wasn't as effective.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Just wait for some actual persistence in 3.0 and beyond, we can finally achieve these goals. And as far as components go, I hope they implement them soon so I can finally tinker with shit!

Dragonslaya54

Space Marshal
May 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Nilrune
If I had $100 to start off with I would get...(not assuming I was going to buy a game package)
1. Cutlass Black- for cargo runs
2. Freelancer MAX- More cargo runs and could be changed for exploration
3. Constellation Aquila- exploration and stuff
4. Carrack- cargo runs, exploration, just cool to have
5. Polaris- MISSILES...oh and maybe other stuff like cargo and exploration
6. Idris- Boss people around, drink beer, explore, cargo runs, park it right behind someone that's afk so when they turn around they get a jump.

Tbh I would choose different ships that specialized in different roles.
Fighting: Buccaneer, hornet, sabre
Cargo: Freelancer, maybe a carrack since I feel like their safer to haul cargo in.
Exploration: Constellation Aquila and carrack
Ultimate goal: Get a idris or polaris!

Last edited:

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
I'd start with a Cutlass Black and make a living doing small, risky cargo runs until I have enough to get a Freelancer Max. Buy that and repeat until I can get to a Caterpillar. From there I would enjoy moderate success as a mostly legitimate cargo runner until one day I lose my ship in a high stakes, backroom poker game at Grimhex. Then being broke and destitute, I would seek work on whatever ship will let me crew, going from ship to ship, all the while planting the seeds of mutiny amongst the crew. Then once I'm crewing on and Idris or something similar, state my own mutiny and contact my co-conspirators on the other ships and tell them the time for a Pirate Empire has come and that I as their leader shall deliver them to glory and riches untold!

So, anybody looking for someone to work crew for them?

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
315p or Herald
The challenge I have is being torn between surveying every cm of Hades or joining everyone in the Search for Disco's Hole.
depending on how much an Aquila will cost in-game, determines if the F-DUR is redundant.
I will join the search as well, hope it's a nice tight fit. I want to feel the friction as I get inside Discos Hole.

Dragonslaya54

Space Marshal
May 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Nilrune
I'd start with a Cutlass Black and make a living doing small, risky cargo runs until I have enough to get a Freelancer Max. Buy that and repeat until I can get to a Caterpillar. From there I would enjoy moderate success as a mostly legitimate cargo runner until one day I lose my ship in a high stakes, backroom poker game at Grimhex. Then being broke and destitute, I would seek work on whatever ship will let me crew, going from ship to ship, all the while planting the seeds of mutiny amongst the crew. Then once I'm crewing on and Idris or something similar, state my own mutiny and contact my co-conspirators on the other ships and tell them the time for a Pirate Empire has come and that I as their leader shall deliver them to glory and riches untold!

So, anybody looking for someone to work crew for them?
:fearful::sweat:
YOUR HIRED!

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
For piracy because yarr harr.

Avenger Titan: (okayish) Fighter with a Cargo hold. Fast enough to chase down fat tasty freighters and a few tender buffs away from being a good dogfighter to boot. If the S3 Gatling ever got comparable DPS to other S3 weapons (or the option of an S4 fixed plz CIG I dont even have a penguin) it would be rad.

Work with some buds, steal and smuggle enough cargo to get into a Cutlass Black, which should be the premiere "small"/mid sized pirate ship of choice. Good dakka, good loot storage, and apparently with the rework good durability and reliable (if sluggish) handling. Sell the Avenger for a Buccaneer or Hornet if you need something with interceptor powers.

And honestly the Cutlass has enough room for growth too. Upgrade to a Blue for some extra armor and shields if you feel like it. Either way you got room for a pilot, co-pilot, and turret gunner, along with room in the back for six meat shields I mean Marines to board enemies if you get tired to grabbing cargo from broken ships.

From there I guess depending on if the Caterpillar ever turns out to be worthwhile get one of those, or just jump straight to the Big Boys League and get a Polaris. That's pretty much the biggest ship I would ever personally want to own, big enough to make a difference yet small enough not to need a dedicated task force of other ships to defend, unlike the Javelin and (possibly) Idris.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
since the CCUs might dissapear at some pointI think ive settled on:

Hurricane LTI - think its the best looking ship out there with decent weapons
Cutlass - versatility
BMM LTI - hoping to CCU this to a Carrack at some point

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
If I had to start with one cheap ship it would be the Warlock. The current iteration of the EMP generator does not knock the Warlock out when you fire it. I dunno what that is all about but that is all full of fun, and should make it easy to add several other ships in a single day. The hard part is figuring out how to do it without being stuck with criminal status and all the pain in the ass that goes with, but there are solutions if you are creative.

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
Well if i had to choose one ship for less than 100, id go back to my roots (i still have it) and go with the 325a. I think its a gorgeous ship, little bit of cargo room, little bit of agility and firepower, lots of speed. If I could stretch a little futher id go to the ultimate space-ute, and stick with my DURp.

I think my favourite ship from my lineup is my tali, cause its so sexy and idris-killery :D

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Well if i had to choose one ship for less than 100, id go back to my roots (i still have it) and go with the 325a. I think its a gorgeous ship, little bit of cargo room, little bit of agility and firepower, lots of speed. If I could stretch a little futher id go to the ultimate space-ute, and stick with my DURp.

I think my favourite ship from my lineup is my tali, cause its so sexy and idris-killery :smile:

My only beef with the 300i is that I love the early concept art so much better than what we have now.

I want to really like the 300i series but man oh man does it need that scheduled rework. The interior is frankly a joke at this point.

Forgot your password?