State of the Squadron 11 is here!

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
You can expect Betty to be a lot more active.
Sweet! I look forward to having our glorious leader speak my name on an update. I hope for something like "Thanks to Schmunkel for forcing us to initiate our Idris officer-only rental policy after he crashed one into a moon."

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Also, I'm going to claim some completely unfounded credit here:

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
A cold open is a bit of content, then the opening theme/sequence/title/whatever, then back to the story. They're often unrelated to the content in the bulk of the episode, but they can also be used to handle "last time on this stupid show" segments or small side-plot stuff. Shows like NCIS or CSI: Your Momma's house use them extensively to set up the show by detailing the crime that is going to be central to that episode.

As an example, my favorite is the one where it opens with you flapping some patches up and down over your shirt at the nipple line, she-toya says from offscreen that "that's stupid" and you reply with "It's not stupid, it's for easy access!" and then it cuts to the highlander theme music, opening cinematic and you come back on and deliver the SOTS proper.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
PS @SeungRyul should know that a post in the General chat forum can also be featured on the front page through magic that is only known to me.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Oh God, sunder.
You linked him to TV Tropes? Why would you do that? Are you a spy and saboteur? Because that's what a spy and saboteur would do.

Forgot your password?